Chapter 5

Please comment and tell me if I should keep working on this. It's not getting the kind of reactions I would like to get and I'm only working on it still because one of my friends really like it. Also, if there are any mistakes sorry. I didn't feel like editing it once again and just really wanted to get this out and see what you guys think. Thanks. 

"So, what is the deal with Jack asking for your number last night?" Kait asked once she had me in front of the mirror working on my hair. She knew that once she had me in her hands in front of the mirror that I couldn't get away.  I pretty much set myself up for this. "Well?" she asked as she straighten my hair and I hadn't answered her.

"I don't know, hadn't talked to him besides him asking how I was doing today," I lied. Okay, sue me. I know I would rather talk to Kait about how I feel and what happened while I was gone but right now doesn't feel like the right time. We are having "fun" getting ready for a party. I use quotes because there is nothing fun about getting ready for a party with Kait. 

"Lily Corey, why are you lying to me?" Kait ask stopping. I looked away and started to go through a draw in the counter to keep myself from answering. She grabbed my hand and made me stop. "Lily, what is going on? Why won't you tell me what happened last night?"

"Because I don't want to ruin tonight, I want us to have a great girls night out and I don't want you to be all worried," I said softly looking away. Kait sat the straightener down and came around to face me. She sat on the counter and waited for me to look up. When I finally did look up she was sitting in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Lily, I don't care what we are doing. If you have something you need to tell me tell me, no matter what we are doing. Okay?" she said looking me in the eyes. Why does she have to be like a mother that is our age? 

"Thanks, I will. Now finish my hair so that we can go. You need a new boyfriend," I joked as I poked her in the stomach. Jumping up off of the counter she planted a kiss on the top of my hair and went back to work. 

 "Speaking of which, did you have any while you were gone?" Kait asked as I pulled my knees up to my chest. I played with my toes for a few before I answered her. She had to ask, I should just become a Silent Brother from City of Bones

"Yeah, but it will become nothing. It's one of those things I don't want to talk about right now," I explained as she continued with my hair. I looked up as she nodded and turned the straightener off. Kait reached for the make up bag on my counter and I jumped up.

"No! I'll do it, I have seen your Facebook pictures and afraid to let you any where near my face," I said pushing her out of the bathroom. Before she could get back in I locked the door and started to do my own work. 

                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lily, you could look so much better if you wore make-up," Kait said as she drove us to the party. After I locked her out of the bathroom, all I put on was a little amount of foundation and was done. I ignored her while I had replied back to one of Jack's texts. This boy really needs to slow down on the texts before he starts making Kait think we are dating.

"I like the way I look," I said putting my phone away. "Who is throwing this party anyway?" I asked looking out of my window. 

"My boss, it's a welcome home party for her husband. He came back home from the army. Just be your happy, crazy self and look at it like a party at a night club. Talk to people and don't stay in a corner on your phone with Jack," she said. 

I ignored Kait for the rest of the car ride as she went on and on about her last boyfriend who was a jerk and cheated on her while he was on vacation with his family a summer ago. Kait is sadly one of those girls who can never keep a boyfriend for very long until he ends up cheating on her or has to leave town and can no longer date her. I thought she would have given up by now on boyfriends.