Chapter 6: Banshee's Prophecy

CHAPTER SIX

BANSHEE'S PROPHECY

THIRD PERSON POV

Zak was sitting at his desk calling the household back home when a scream of utter terror ripped through his mind. He'd jerked to a stand and was rushing through the doors as he brushed minds with Ana. 

"Ana, where are you?"  

"I...I can't...spiders...ZAK!!!" He cursed trying to track her voice. 

"Where? Ana answer me now." He felt her terror and struggled not to panic. 

"Library. Passageway. I...god...Anything but spiders. I can't breathe...I can't..." He felt her losing control and was afraid what could happen with her powers. He dashed through the library and down the passageway as she screamed again and fell silent. He drew his swords and pulled forth light as he burst into an open room.

Shit, there were spiders everywhere he let out a warrior yell and started crushing them just as a blinding light filled the room. When he could see again he ran towards Ana as she stood there shaking. Her body was covered in bites and her eyes were wide and panicked. He paused two feet from her as vines slid from the ceiling and started caressing Ana's skin. Everywhere they touched the bite marks or the marks left over from Jar's abuse faded to nothing. When they left she was still shaking so hard her teeth were chattering and her eyes were still wide with shock. 

He stepped forward and caught her as she swayed. She collapsed into him as she spoke. 

"I...spiders...panic attack...I can handle anything but..." She shuddered then fainted in his arms. Caressing her cheek he lifted her all the way into his arms and turned from the room. His soul-mate was going to be a handful but Goddess would it be worth it to watch the show.

..............

ANA POV

I awoke to a room painted white and Zak's arms holding me. Blinking I looked around and saw that paintings covered the walls. I didn't say anything, just snuggled into Zak's shoulder, and breathed in his scent. He smelled of burning wood and trees and for some reason it was intoxicating. Blushing, I looked up to see him looking at me. 

"You're awake."  

"So I guess you figured out what big bad Ana is afraid of." I shuddered at the thought of the spiders crawling on me. Pretending, he didn't know my biggest secret he tightened his hold on me as he spoke.  

"My sister died right before our worlds collapsed. She'd had two children. They're..." He smiled and looked down at me. 

"Much like you actually."  

"I'm sorry." He said nothing in reply but continued telling his story. 

"My father's first wife was human when the Prophet came with her prophecy. He was the one who declared that we should separate our worlds and put the humans back where they belonged...beneath us. He threw his wife and queen back to earth out of fear and left her there unprotected. She didn't last three days before vampires turned her. She's one of them now. My brother turned eighteen and chose the Black court. My sister was never the same after that." He paused as if to force himself to continue on. But I saw the anguish in his eyes.