Chapter 16: Sacrifice

CHAPTER 16

SACRIFICE

ANA POV

After finishing our cake and another shower Zak and I sat on the window sill watching the sunrise together. I was leaning back in his arms, both of us still naked and damp, when I broke our companionable silence. 

"How many guards would I have to take to get some quiet time with the girls, Lai too, since it's a Saturday. Garrett can hang with the boys today. I could almost feel Zac fighting back a smile. 

"Ten." I smirked, knowing we were negotiating. 

"Four." He chuckled and nuzzled my hair. 

"Deal. But you can tell you brothers they have to stay here." I rolled my eyes but agreed.

..........

After a tense breakfast with Ax and Anvil arguing then agreeing us girls were ready to leave. Lai was bouncing up and down with excitement at female bonding. I couldn't wait to see her face when I told her what we were doing. We left the castle and drove to a meadow filled with flowers about a mile from the castle. I carried two bags and Avon carried the other. Lai and the guards looked at me curiously as I glanced at Ashton and Avon. Putting on a solemn face I glanced at the four guards. Wic was the only male as requested, the other three were female. I smiled as I took Avon's bag and started pulling out garments.  

"Everyone needs to put these on while Wic walks over to that hilltop and you are all sworn to secrecy about what we do here." They all nodded though the guards and Lai were confused. They would see soon enough. 

Twenty minutes later all but Wic was wearing a short flaring mini skirt and halter tops. Wic was struggling not to laugh and the female guards were blanching as I drew weapons out of a bag and handed them out. One of the female guards snorted and sneered at me.  

"These are wooden swords for children." I laughed and glanced at Avon. 

"First of all we are working with two children, one of which is a master in fencing and several hand-to-hand combats that none of the Sidhe know that much about. So watch your tone until you have fought her. Second, the outfits. They are easier to fight in with what we are about to do. Third we are out here because Ashton and Avon are uncomfortable fighting with other people around unless it is a real fight. Don't worry we will drink..." She cut her eyes to Lai and Avon who rolled their eyes. "After we have watched a chick flick with the girls." They grinned and cheered as they split off into groups. 

Avon faced off with the guard that had complained about the swords. Her small face was serious as she calculated how to take her out. I had seen that look on her face before when she faced off against me. Her eyes flashed and I knew she had just saw the entire fight in her mind and how she would win. She smiled at the guard as she spoke. 

"Does swords and hand-to-hand sound okay to you?" The guard smiled that smile you reserve for young children. Oh shit this was going to be over quick.  

"Are you sure you wish to fight me, child?" Avon's eyes flashed and I grimaced. Now she was pissed and you really wanted her to be calculating. She was nicer and it hurt less. She looked at me as she mind spoke. 

"Do I have to warn her about rules sister? She is very sanctimonious and I find I do not wish to help her?" I raised a brow and she sighed as Ashton mind spoke. 

"She means she is smug." I rolled my eyes and spoke aloud when I realized everyone was watching the silent exchange between us, even Wic.