)( Chapter Sixteen )(

Felicity woke with a start unable to remember when or where she fell asleep. Her throat ached; her windpipe felt as if it had been crushed by some strong force. There was warmth all around her; she was cocooned in it. Warm almost furry blankets were delicately tucked around her. The bed she was currently laying in felt like a cloud.

                Her sea prism aquamarine eyes fluttered open and she surveyed her surroundings. Nothing looked familiar. It was a surprisingly big room with metal walls, floor and ceiling. She was still on the ship, but where? The cloudlike bed she was currently occupying was huge, built for a king. There were a few bookcases strewn about filled with various medical and anatomy books as well as a decent sized desk littered with various manuscripts. In one corner there was a small lounge area with a chaise lounge.

                She nearly gasped as she spotted the god like figure sprawled across the chaise lounge sleeping soundly with a simple fur blanket casually thrown over his half naked body. A blush claimed her cheeks and she forced herself to look away from his lithe lean torso. Quietly she tried to slip from the bed to sneak back to her room. Another crimson blush claimed her cheeks as she realized she was no longer wearing the captain’s clothes. Her face exploded with heat, he changed her!

                “Don’t move.” The cool collected captain of the Heart Pirates yawned from the chaise lounge.

                Felicity blushed again fearing her face would forever be stained crimson as he sat up with a stretch causing the fur blanket to fall away from his bare chest. His muscles stretched in sinful ways as he arched back and raised his tattooed arms to the heavens. “W-where are m-my clothes?” She squeaked.

                Law smirked as he looked over at the modest girl and spotted the adorable blush burned into her skin. “You sure there isn’t something else you’d like to ask?” He teased her wickedly.

                Felicity buried herself under the blankets with a squeal, “You wouldn’t.” Her world suddenly shifted and she yelped as she realized she was now sitting atop the chaise lounge next to the half naked devilishly handsome captain of the Heart Pirates in nothing more than her bra and panties. She jumped to cover herself with her hands only to gasp as a tattooed hand encircled her wrist and she found herself helplessly trapped beneath his strong lithe body.

                “Don’t forget, Miss Princess, you’re the only woman on this ship. Despite how comfortable you may feel in our presence, we are pirates with loose morals.” Law smirked.

                Felicity struggled against him and opened her mouth to scream, but the moment she attempted a sharp pain shot from her throat causing her to choke on a gasp and wince in pain. Her entire body ached probably from the beating she’d taken the night before.

                “I told you not to move.” Law scolded her lightly.

                “Captain!” Panicked shouts rang from somewhere nearby and Felicity tried futilely to escape and cover herself as the shouts got closer. “Hime-chan is missing!” The door burst open and Bepo, Shachi and Penguin froze at the scene before them.

                “Hime-chan! You’re hurt!” Bepo cried as Shachi collapsed from a nosebleed and Penguin nearly fainted.

                “Hurt?” Shachi recovered quickly and gazed at the dark bruises around her neck, “Eh? What kind of no good lowlife would dare hurt hime-chan?” He growled.

                “That was my doing.” Law said simply still refusing to release the humiliated girl so she could hide herself.

                “Eh?! Captain?!” The three shouted in rage.

                “Leave us.” Law ordered coolly.

                The three hesitated in the doorway for a moment before reluctantly turning and walking out of the room. Despite how poorly the captain had treated the fairy like girl they knew he wouldn’t do anything too drastic.

                “Let me go.” Felicity whimpered, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment after having been exposed to the crew like that.

                Law released his hold on the girl and made his way to his desk. “There’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you about, Miss Princess.”

                Felicity scrambled to cover herself with the fur blanket the captain had abandoned before turning to him curiously. “What is it?”

                He retrieved a familiar vial from the top drawer and dangled it from his fingers on the chain she’d wound around it. Her heart fell. The deadly monkshood, she’d thought it had been lost since her sickness.

                “Where did you get that?” She asked softly.

                Law shot her a glare, “Why did you have it on you?”

                “It’s my business.” Felicity whispered softly.

                “Is it that bad? Having people fawn all over you? Is it really so bad you’d rather die than go back?” He demanded.

                “…Yes…”

                Law stared at the broken girl in awe as she released her hold on the blankets shielding her body from view and wrapped her arms around herself. He hadn’t expected the conversation to go like this. In all honesty he was hoping she had been carrying it around as a last resort against him and his crew.

                He felt sick with himself. How was he supposed to send her back to that? If he let her go back, he was condemning her to death. Carefully he rolled the vial between his fingers weighing his options. He’d tried so hard not to get attached to the girl, he’d tried not to succumb to her charms, but it was all in vain.

                Was it worth it in the end? Could he barter for his freedom and safe passage at the cost of an innocent life? He scolded himself for his weakness. It had already been decided from the moment he recognized her.

                The cool calculating captain of the Heart Pirates made his way toward the crumbling girl. His heart hurt as he set the vial of deadly poison within her reach and turned to exit the room. The least he could do was give her an escape for when the time came.