)( Chapter Thirteen )(

Once Felicity had recovered Law told the crew she’d be moving to new sleeping quarters because she wouldn’t be of any use to them dead, though the majority of his crew saw through his reasoning. He was worried about the girl and he felt bad for his transgressions against her.

                Law woke unusually early and made his way to the kitchen to make some coffee in hopes of waking himself up. The heavenly aroma of fresh brewed coffee wafted from the kitchen archway as he drew nearer. Who else was up at this hour? Curiously he poked his head through the doorway and froze as he spotted the fairy like princess standing before the stovetop with a spatula in hand. A fluttering pale whisper pink dress clung to her delicate frame falling to her knees and she had a simple pale sea foam green apron tied around her waist.

                He leaned in the doorway with a small smile as he watched the beautiful girl at work. She hummed softly to herself, a sweet lilting tune that reminded him of a faraway place that he once called home. He was a fool to suspect her of any foul play. Felicity was quite possibly one of the sweetest most docile people on the entire planet.

                She turned around to grab a plate to dish whatever she was cooking onto it and gasped in surprise when her brilliant aquamarine eyes latched onto the dreamy captain of the heart pirates leaning in the doorway with a lazy smirk splayed across his lips. “Captain, you scared me.” She sighed softly as she collected herself, “Did I wake you?”

                Law shook his head and resisted the urge to sigh in resignation, he’d been found out, now he had to move, and he’d been perfectly content leaning there watching her work. “You’re up early.” He noted dryly as he claimed a seat at the tavern style wooden dining table and tiredly rested his head in his hands.

                Felicity smiled softly, “Likewise. Would you like some coffee?”

                Law chanced a glance in the fairy like girl’s direction and felt his heart skip a beat as he caught a look at her from the front. Her sea foam green apron fell just above the hemline of her dress and had shimmering lace at the bottom giving her a somewhat childish appearance, but the way the whisper pink material of her dress clung to her subtle curves was positively sinful. Her pale moonbeam hair was tied in two loose ponytails with bright sea foam green ribbon that brought out the pale greenish hues in her aquamarine gaze. He forced himself to look away from her and nodded his head slightly.

                “Any sugar or cream?” She asked as she busied herself with finding a mug to pour the coffee in.

                “Black is fine.” Law mumbled thinking it strange that the princess was actually serving him. “Miss Princess?”

                “Hm?” Felicity smiled as she set a steaming mug of coffee in front of him.

                “Why is it that a lady of nobility is currently acting as a serving girl?” Law pondered as he hesitantly folded his hands around the warm mug.

                Her smile nearly crippled him, “I wanted to be useful.”

                He forced himself to look away from her once again and stared into his mug intently. She was too pure; a pirate ship was no place for a girl like her. There wasn’t an evil bone in her body, what would she do when the time came that they ended up in a skirmish? Knowing her she’d probably offer to make the enemy tea and try to win them over with her sweet girlish charms.

                Law nonchalantly took a sip of the coffee and his eyes widened as his taste buds exploded in pure delight. The coffee was blended perfectly. Having a crew that only consisted of sloppy men usually meant the coffee was always mediocre at best. Even if it were only for her coffee brewing skills, perhaps it would be worth it to keep her around.