)( Chapter Four )(

Felicity pushed herself, she knew it was putting more of a strain on her already injured ankle but she’d promised to show them the way, and she wasn’t the type to break a promise. Because of their Captain’s harsh words, his two subordinates didn’t offer the struggling girl any assistance. Amie had tried, countless times, only to be shooed away and thrown a false assurance.

                After an hour hike through the jungle that would normally only take her thirty minutes, they arrived to a large clearing filled with lush fruit trees and a quaint little garden that Felicity had been tending over her two year stay. When she first arrived and the villagers didn’t trust her, she had to fend for herself for food. When she offered them something she had grown on her own, the villagers instantly regretted ostracizing the warm hearted girl and welcomed her into the village. Out of habit, she continued working on her garden. The villagers didn’t need it; they grew well over plenty of food in the fields and knew of various other spots to find fresh fruit. It was the village chief’s rule that the pirates couldn’t have any of the village’s supplies.

                “What is this, Fi?” Amie asked in awe at the small perfectly constructed garden.

                Felicity smiled to hide a wince and sat on a large flat rock near a crystal clear stream of fresh water to give her aching ankle a break. “It’s my garden.”

                Law looked to the girl curiously, why did she have a separate garden? It was peculiar to him; she looked nothing like any of the other villagers. They all had dark hair and tan skin, but Felicity had perfectly complexioned porcelain skin and the palest moonbeam hair he’d ever seen. He spotted her unconsciously reaching down to smooth her hands over her swollen ankle and wince at the touch. Now that she’d sat down and rested for a moment it would be nearly impossible for her to get back up and continue her trek.

                Amie chuckled, “Perhaps you should give the men some tips. This irrigation system is perfect.” She praised her young companion.

                Felicity offered the older woman a gracious smile before turning her attention to the captain of the Heart Pirates, “Take whatever you need.” Her angelic smile crippled his weak minded crew members.

                Shachi explored the quaint garden curiously locating the fruits and vegetables they’d likely gather to take on board. He paused as he reached a smaller patch of garden filled with plants he’d never seen before and a variety of flowers. “What’s all this, hime-chan?” (casual way of calling someone princess, like calling a kid princess)

                A splash of faint crimson color flooded the young girl’s cheeks at the nickname he’d given her and she ducked behind her silken moonbeam hair to hide her blushing face, “Various medicinal plants, you’re welcome to take some if you like.”

                Hime-chan? Law shot the girl a frustrated glare, why was she so familiar to him?

                Shachi proceeded to sift through the medicinal garden quizzing the girl on all the plants, pointing to each one and asking what its purpose was while his companion gathered water from the stream and Amie nimbly scaled the high fruit trees and began cutting down various fruits for the pirates to take with them.

                Law was impressed at how easily the girl prattled off the names and purposes for each plant as well as their medicinal effectiveness.

                Once his subordinates and Amie had gathered up a sufficient amount of supplies they turned to head back to the village. Felicity attempted to get to her feet but nearly gasped in pain as her injured ankle screamed in protest and sent her falling back to her rock not too gracefully.