Part 11

Before she could continue a man came down the stairs carrying a baby

Before she could continue a man came down the stairs carrying a baby. It was Anna's husband, Robert. He smiled when he saw Castiel and Dean. Dean watched Castiel light up, grinning from ear to ear as he saw his niece for the first time.

"Why don't you come say hi? You can hold her," Robert told Castiel, coming over to the group. Anna smiled as Castiel leaned over to get a better look at Claire. She had wispy blonde hair on her head, she reached up and grabbed Castiel's finger, smiling up at him. Robert handed the baby over to Castiel, who beamed when she was in her arms.

"Hey beautiful, it's uncle Castiel," he crooned at her, letting the baby explore his face with her hands.

Anna inched closer to Dean, watching him looking at Castiel. "He seems happy, doesn't he? Castiel is always busy with his work. It took me forever to convince him to come down for Claire's birthday," she told him, smiling at Castiel obviously enchanted by the baby.

"Yeah, he does," Dean cleared his throat.

Anna leaned in closer to where Dean could only hear her, "Do you like him? Not that I meant, ok, maybe a little but I wanted to introduce him to you, to see how things would pan out."

Dean frowned a little before answering, "Yeah, I could see us being friends."

"Not like that," Anna elbowed him, "I meant more than that. Both of you have so much in common. For one, being so involved with work that you become estranged from the world."

Dean coughed, not believing what he was hearing. Anna was trying to set him up, with her brother! "Work is important. Not saying that anything would happen but wouldn't that be weird for you?"

"Not really. I think you two would be cute, it would also give me an excuse to see Cassie more often," she twirled her hair around her finger, smiling up at him.

"I should go, I'm interrupting important family time," Dean suddenly said, he was getting a little bit uncomfortable with the situation and wanted to head home as soon as possible.

"Oh no you don't" Anna tried to grab Dean but he slipped away, already opening the front door.

Castiel looked up from the baby, "He's leaving?" He quickly handed Claire back to her father before following, "Dean!"