Part 6

Dean saw red before he opened his eyes

Dean saw red before he opened his eyes. It was the sunlight coming through his eyelids before he had even opened them. He turned around so the sun was no longer in his face before opening his eyes. The smell of smoke made him sit straight up all of a sudden. Had he left the fireplace open? No, he vividly remembered closing the fireplace last night before going to bed. Dean then remembered that he was not alone in the house anymore. The smell must be coming from the kitchen, was Castiel cooking? What was he doing, burning the house down?  He checked the alarm clock, it was 7:30 in the morning.

Dean quickly got out of bed and went over to the closet to dress himself. He put on the first shirt he found in the closet along with some jeans. Nala had already left the room, probably off to say hi to Castiel, she usually woke up before Dean.  He strode over to the bathroom where he tossed his pajamas into the laundry basket, brushed his teeth and quickly brushed his hair. Dean glanced down at his shirt to make sure he hadn't spilled any toothpaste on it. When he was satisfied with how he looked he left the bathroom.

Dean walked down the cold wooden staircase, he didn't particularly care to wear shoes inside the house. When he reached the bottom he glanced out of one of the windows, the sun was shining brightly at this time. He couldn't remember the last time he had gotten up this early, it definitely wasn't something he wanted to do every day, that's why he liked his job so much. When he got to the kitchen Castiel was worrying over what looked like very burnt pancakes. He was dressed in a white button up shirt and dress pants.
Dean smiled, "Need some help?"