Part 7

Castiel looked up from his mess

He bared a sheepish smile at Dean, "I was trying to make you pancakes as a surprise thank you for the hospitality. It's a lot harder than it looks."

Dean chucked before answering, "Allow me." He walked to the side of Castiel, eyeing what was left of the pancake batter. Luckily, Castiel had only made one or two pancakes, so he could salvage the rest. Dean noted that the rest of the kitchen besides what Castiel had used to cook was clean, all of the dishes that had been lying around before had been cleaned and put away. Dean turned down the flame before adding more butter to the pan. He poured in more batter into the pan, enough to make two pancakes before turning back to Castiel.
"The trick is to make sure that the pan is hot. There should be butter so your pancakes don't stick to the pan, and turn the flame down so they don't burn before they are done. Bubbles on the top signify that it's time to turn them over," Dean told Castiel, taking over the rest of the cooking.

A few minutes later Dean turned off the stovetop. He grabbed the plate of pancakes and went over to the dining table. Castiel had already set the table so all Dean had to do was place the plate of pancakes there as well. He served two pancakes on Castiel's plate and the same on his own.

The two of them ate in silence until Castiel informed Dean, "I called the company. They are heading over soon to tow my car. I need to head over to Anna's house. She's bound to be worried about me now."
"I'll drive you there," Dean said without a second thought.