Chapter 9

I felt like I was being taken away. Forced to go to someplace unknown. Then again, it wasn't the first time I had been going somewhere without knowing where I was going to so it's nothing new to me.

"I'm surprised that you haven't asked where we're going to yet." Sebastian pointed out while looking over to me.

"It's not the first time that I've been told to get into a vehicle without knowing where I'm going so I don't really need to ask. The last time I did that, I got hit so I don't think I'll be asking something like that any time soon." I said while looking out the window. It had already started raining and I could hear all the rain drops hitting off the roof of the car. It soothed me. I'm still not sure why but it just did. I like rain. I like all of nature really. It's just interesting. More interesting than the world is today with all of it's high tech gadgets.

"Huh. I never knew." Sebastian didn't seem too happy after I said that. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut.

"There's one thing I will ask you though. How long will we be sitting in here for until we arrive at where ever it is we're going?" I asked.

"About forty to forty five minutes. Why?"

"Just so I can put my head phones in. That's all." I started rummaging through my bag to find my iPod and my head phones.

"Oh. I see." He seemed really depressed now. It was weird not seeing him happy.

"Are you alright, Sebastian?" I put my head phones on my lap and looked straight at him.

"Oh. Yes. I'm alright." He said with a smile on his face.

"That's good then." I smiled back at him. I then noticed that he started to blush a bit. Does he like me? No. He can't like me. We've only just met so we barely know each other... Now I'm just over thinking. I started to untangle my head phones and all of a sudden, the car came to a holt.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I have no idea. Driver! What's happening?" Sebastian shouted over to the drivers seat and the window started to go down.

"It's nothing sir. Just some traffic but it will take us longer to get to..."

"Alright. Thank you." Sebastian stopped him before he could finish his sentence.

"You can scroll the window up now!" James shouted over to him and then turned to look out the window.

"Of course sir." The driver then closed the window.

"Well that's unfortunate. What should we do in the mean time? Any ideas James?" Sebastian asked.

"Nope."

"Huh. What about you, Kira? Is there anything you'd like to do?" He turned towards me and smiled.

"Not really." I said.

"Alright then. Looks like we'll just have to listen to the rain." He looked up towards the roof before slumping back into his seat.

"Is there anything that you would like to do, Sebastian?" I asked.

"Well, I would like to get to know you a bit more, Kira. Since we're part of the same clan and have only just met each other properly, maybe we should all get to know each other." He said.

"That's a good idea. Is there anything specifically you'd like to know?" I asked.

"Well, how about your past, yinno, before you were turned. Where you lived, what you used to do, things like that." He smiled to me like he was just going to be told a story.

"Well, there isn't much I do remember except the day I died as a human and reborn into a vampire. It's nothing interesting so there's no point in telling you." I started to clench my skirt in my hands. I really didn't like thinking back that far. It's just too painful for me to think about.

"Oh come on. It can't be that bad. If not before you were turned, how about after. What's your most favourite memory?" He just kept on asking these questions. One after another, all about my past.

"Well, I wouldn't really call it my favourite memory, it's more like one of those things that just stay there without you even thinking about it. The day I returned home." I said.

"What happened?" James asked.

"Well, when I was human, I used to live in a little cottage at the end of a cliff. It was quiet where I lived but when ever I were to go to town, I always used to go to this little shop at the end of one of the streets. It was a little sweet store. It was run by my friend's mum. She used to sell all kinds of sweets. Toffee, caramel, lolly pops and even home made fudge but the best sweets were these little balls of sugar and they were like gobstoppers that you can buy today. They were really nice and sweet but she only sold them once a month. I really don't know why, even to this day. But when I went back, everything had changed. The sweet shop was no longer there, it was a clothing store instead but when I went to see if my cottage was there, it was. I was so happy that I ran up to it without even thinking and as soon as I got to the door, there was someone there. I didn't know who it was either. He just kept on yelling at me and telling me to go away. I kept on apologizing to him but then he started hitting me saying he would get his gun. I walked out the door and as soon as I turned around, I heard a shot. He fired at me. I got shot in the chest and all I saw was blood. It was the first time that I had ever felt that pain before and since I had lost a lot of blood from it, I needed more and my thirst grew. I turned around and he just screamed at me. Before I knew it, I had already bit into him. I drained him dry and I didn't know what was going on until I let go of him. His lifeless body just fell to the floor and I didn't know what to do so, out of fear, I ran out of my little cottage and just kept on running. I've never been back since then. It's been over 200 years since that happened but I don't want to go back in case something like that happens again." I pulled my knees up onto the seat and hugged them. All I wanted to do was cry.

"I feel so bad about it and there's nothing I can do. It's all in the past but it still haunts me to this day. I know that I've drunk from plenty more people but the thing that scars me is the look on the man's face and that it was in my house. My little cottage which I grew up in. The blood would still be sitting there, waiting for me just to freak me out." I rested my head against my knees and started to cry. I got that upset from it that it just all came out of me.

"Don't cry, Kira." I felt Sebastian's presence beside me.

"It's alright. We're here for you." I then felt James' hand on mine. I looked up and both of them were hugging me. I didn't know what else to do so I hugged them both back.

"Thank you..." I whispered.

It was the most comfort I had ever had in years. It was nice to get someone to hug me like that. I felt safe in their arms. I wished that I could have stayed there forever. Having someone that close to me.. It made me feel alive again.