Chapter 2 - Rejected

Lucas at the side------------------>

-------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 2 - REJECTED

ROBYN'S P.O.V:

Lucas Smith!!!!! The future Alpha! Oh dear I'm in trouble!

"Robyn, let me get this clear right now. I am not, and never will be your mate." He said forcefully. I suppressed the urge to cry at his next words " I, Lucas Smith, reject you, Robyn West as my mate, I release all ties to our bond and set you free to mate whoever you choose." His words were heavily laced with venom as he spoke.

I can't believe that he just rejected me! My heart shattered into a thousand pieces, but he was never going to know that. Right. That's it. I've had enough. Suddenly, an idea popped into my head and I smirked evilly at Luke. Slowly, I steeped closer to him, taking my time and then stopped when our noses were just inches apart. I examined his body; silently and properly; taking in every last detail, from his glistening eyes to his purposely scruffy trainers.

"What are you doing?" He hissed shakily, I suppressed a giggle as I knew he was having trouble trying to control his wolf; because even though I didn't want to, I was doing the same. I looked up and met his eyes whilst licking my lips suggestively.

"Well, ya know" I shrugged "I thought I'd return the favour."

"What?" he asked, clearly puzzled... Moron. I looked him in the eye, mine reflecting nothing; they were dead, like he now is to me, like I am inside.

"You rejected me...Now it's my turn" I said simply.

Everyone gasped and Luke just looked highly pissed off at me. Once again, I smirked evilly at him and then reached up onto my tiptoes so that my lips were brushing his ear. I paused, then spoke the words that would end all of this pain and suffering.

"I, Robyn Wood, reject you, Lucas Smith, I release all ties to our bond and set you free to mate whoever you choose."

His breath hitched and I instantly knew that I surprised him. He probably thought that I was going to break down in tears. Ha! You thought wrong. Then I just couldn't resist what I said next.

"You move, Mr. Alpha"

I then spun round and sauntered out of the school doors with a satisfied smile.

'That'll give them something to remember us by. Nice one!' My wolf congratulated me.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and then sent a quick message to Eva saying'can't stay for school, c u when u get back 2night sorry xoxo' replaced it into my jean pocket, then broke into a full sprint; I hadn't shifted yet and was only able to run in human form which wasn't as fast as wolf form, thankfully the pack house was only 30 minutes away by foot, so it only took me 15 minutes since I was running. While I was running a worried thought suddenly popped into my head. 'What if we don't make it through our first shift without Luke!' I panicked but my wolf was quick to assure me that we were strong enough to make it on our own. I was still doubtful though. As soon as I reached the pack house I burst through the door and was relieved to find that it was empty, I ran up to my room and grabbed my duffel bag, stuffing everything I had in it all my money which I had been saving which was about £10,000. I scribbled a quick note to Eva, Adam and one everyone else; not that they would care. Then I threw the duffel out of my window, took one last look at my room and jumped out after it. As soon as my feet touched the ground I sprinted as far as I could without out stopping.

I wasn't sure how long I had been running for, eventually the light and dark, day and night blurred into one, I guessed it had been about a month before I stopped by a lake to drink, I was tired from all the weeks of fighting for food and my shoulder was aching since I was missing a huge chunk of it and bits of my arms and shoulder had been ripped out, some of the neighbouring packs weren't very friendly.

I had just set off again at a jog when I saw a flash of brown fur and was knocked to the ground only to see a huge black wolf with snapping jaws. I screamed out in pain, but not because it had attacked but because my insides were on fire and I was writhing about on the forest floor in agony. The bastard was cheating on me already! Suddenly black spots clouded my vision before I blacked out completely.