3. Flashback (pt. 2)

~9 years old~

Daddy left mommy last year. He just didn't come home from work one day.

Now mommy has to work all the time so Nick and I can have a good life. So mommy is never home.

At school all the people make fun of me for being different. I don't like wearing dresses like the other girls do.

"Nick-nack? Am I pretty?" I ask my eleven year old brother who was watching tv. For some reason I gave him the name 'nick-nack' when I was three.

"Of course you are, Olive." He used the cute nickname he gave me when I was little.

I smiled and hugged him tight. "Thanks Nick."

*

~13 years old~

"Bye mom! Have fun on your trip!" I call to her as she drove off with her friend, Kayla.

Jake, my moms boyfriend, is watching Nick and I until she gets back. Which will be in one week.

Jake was a bit creepy to me. I just don't know why. He seems weird.

"Jake, Brooklyn is spending the night tonight!" I call as I pick up my messy room.

A few minutes later, Brooklyn entered my room. She's my best friend, she has been since we were younger. So she just walking in whenever she wants.

"Hey boo!"

"Sup Liv!" She replies and sits on the be with me. She paused for a second and moved my shorts up a bit.

"Olivia. What are these...?" She points to the scars that cover my upper thighs. Shit... I think to myself. What do I say?

"You don't cut, do you?" She asks with a shocked tone.

"I... Uhm...." I stopped and composed myself before quietly replying, "Yes..."

"Olivia! You're supposed to tell me everything! I thought we were friends!" She exclaims and stands up.

"Brook. We are. I'm sorry, just please. Please don't tell anyone..." I beg.

"Okay fine. I won't. But I have to go anyways." She replies and leaves the room. Great, now she's mad at me.

Since it was already seven-thirty, I just decided to go to bed without eating.

The next day at school, people were looking at me constantly. I couldn't find Brooklyn anywhere, maybe she didn't come today...

At lunch I see Brooklyn sitting with Kendra. The schools bitch. Kendra stood up when she saw me.

"Everyone! Look! Its the emo slut!" She yelled so everyone could hear.

"Maybe you should slice you wrists so you die, bitch!" Avery, the meanest and most popular boy at school, yells and everyone laughs.

Tears streamed down my face when I realized that Brooklyn told everyone. "Brooklyn! How could you!" I exclaim before running off to the bathrooms.

The last thing I saw was Brooklyn smiling as I cried...