Chapter one- A start

A/N: So, I decided to write a Paul imprint story! Since ' The Alpha's Sister' Made me feel bad for Paul, this is a bit rough but hopefully it will get better.

I sat on the coach, music blaring from my earphones while I read a book. I frowned when the book was snatched from my hands, I looked up taking my earphones out " I was reading that, Jared" I said, still frowning at my twin brother.

Jared grinned widely at me, still holding my book in his hands "Well, You aren't any more, Rey" Jared said, using my nickname that Paul gave me. I narrowed my eyes at him, and tried to grab my book back, only making him pull it back.

"Obviously not" I mumbled, glaring at him. I sighed "What do you want Jared? You want something, you only call me Rey when you do" I questioned crossing my arms, still sitting on the coach. I knew him too well now to know that, we are identical twins for Pete's sake.

He pulled me off the coach and on to my feet "We are going down to the beach, to meet up with the others." Jared stated, the others meaning the rest of our ' group' consisting of me, Jared, Paul, Embry, Quil, Jacob and Sam.

"Whatever, I doubt Sam will be there though." I said as I followed Jared. Sam had been acting very strange lately, he had practically disappeared for two weeks. When he came back, he avoided us, now he has been looking at us strangely.

Only after three minutes of walking, we got to the beach, its useful living so close "Jared! Rey!" A voice shouting, making Jared and I turn simultaneously "Yeah, would never guess you two were twins." Paul said sarcastically, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever you say, Paul." I said looking up at him, we have known Paul since we were like two months old, and we have been best friends since then. So, I care about him, a lot. But we aren't anything but best friends, and I do not want anything more, and I know we won’t become anything more.

"Come on, the others are waiting." Paul said, grabbing me by the wrist. I pulled my arm back at the touch of his hand, it was warm. Like, really warm. I mean I know Jared and I have been warmer than normal lately, but Paul is way warmer...

"Paul.” I said suddenly as he pulled me over to the group, ignoring me “Paul." I repeated, he still ignored me. I shot a confused and irritated look to Jared, who was walking along side of us. He just raised a brow and shrugged, his way of saying he doesn't know either.

Once we got over to the group, Paul stopped and looked at me, smirking "Sorry, had to do that. You are too slow." Paul said and let go of my wrist, still smirking at me. I stared at him in disbelief, I may not be as fast as him, but I am sure as hell not slow.

"Wow Paul, how very sweet of you." I said rolling my eyes and crossed my arms "Anyway, are you getting sick or something? You are really warm, and you have been acting sort of different lately. Getting angrier easily, even though that is not really new." I said, frowning slightly.

"I do not know what you are talking about, I feel perfectly fine. Maybe it's you who's getting sick, Rey and you only think I am really warm" Paul said, shrugging slightly, he feels fine? I know it's not me who is getting sick, even Jared commented to me once how Paul seemed... different and warm...

"Audrey, come on! We are going cliff diving!" Embry, another good friend of mine shouted. Embry is several months younger than I am, while Jacob is nearly a year younger than I am. But I don't tease them, unlike some people probably would.

"Yeah, maybe I am." I began, in a neutral tone "Sick of you!" I teased sticking my tongue out at Paul, in a challenging way. I saw him raise both of his brows, I quickly turned around and ran to Embry, who was waiting unlike the others who were now heading up to the cliffs.

"You're such a brat sometimes, Rey!" Paul shouted, I laughed as Embry and I started to go up to the cliffs. I knew Paul would do something later, probably pushing me into the water. Which he usually does when we go cliff diving.

As we got further into the forest, trying not to trip over the roots on the way up, Embry looked at me "Do you like Paul?" Embry asked suddenly, making look at him surprised and confused. People have asked that before, but no one from our group.

"He's my best friend, why wouldn't I like Paul? I can’t be friends with someone I hate" I said shrugging, I spotted the small opening of trees, where we will be diving from. We only dive from low down, diving from high up is plain stupid.

"You know what I mean, Audrey. Do you like Paul not as a friend?" Embry asked, sound really serious. What is up with his sudden curiosity? He has not really talked about Paul with me before, barely even three times in the time I have known him.

"Embry, he is my best friend, why the hell would I like him more than that? Considering me and Jared known him since we were two months old." I said, shaking my head at him "It's a somewhat stupid thing to ask" I added, shrugging.

Embry sighed slightly, as we got to the opening "It happens all the time in books and movies, Audrey best friends fall for one another. So, let me know when it happens, I want to say ' I told you so' once in my life and be right, at least with you" He said before walking through the opening.

I rolled my eyes as I followed him through, glancing at Jared who looked like he was trying to push Jacob off the cliff "Embry, you watch to many movies with your mom. Go watch a zombie movie sometime" I said shaking my head.

I leaned against a rock, watching as Quil jumped off the cliff, My mind wandered to Sam Uley, I had been close with him when he was in his mid teens, but we had drifted apart as he got older. I still couldn't help but worry, even though everyone else seemed to stop caring. But they never really were friends with him, I don't even think Jacob really likes him.

I sighed, not noticing I now had Paul standing next to me until he spoke "What are you thinking about?" Paul asked, making me look at him. He was one of the few who knew when I was thinking about something, because I pretty much lose focus of things around me. At least when I am thinking about something like this.

"Sam Uley" I replied honestly, before going silent for a minute. I looked at Paul "What do you think ever happened to him? I know something changed him." I said in a quiet voice, to keep the others from hearing, they never liked me talking about him.

Paul shrugged "Don't know." He said, moving from the rock "Come on, we came up here to cliff dive and that's what we are to do" He added, I sighed. Knowing it would be stupid to argue, so I left it. I walked away from the rock as well.

"I suppose your right, I will see you down there." I said quickly, I walked to the edge, and held my breath, and jumped off. Soon as I hit the water, I got the strangest feeling. a feeling that things are only going to get harder from now on, and that everyone and everything is going to change, nothing will be the same. I just really hope I am wrong about this, and its just inside my head.