Chapter 14

“There’s some unfinished business that I need to take care of.” The haunting eyes explain, answering the horrifying question resting at the back of my mind. He takes a step closer to me. I freeze, my back already pressed against the lockers. I think to glance around, or call for help, but that would be useless.

Everyone’s already gone.

A sly smirk slinks across his cheekbones. His dark eyes are taunting me, as if daring me to run, daring me to dash for the door. But I’m not stupid. I know what he has.

I know that under his black suit jacket lays something much, much quicker than me, the same weapon that was quicker than my mother. Hidden on his body was something that could end my life within merely an instant, the same weapon that ended my mother’s life three years earlier.

            “Oh?” I clear my throat and relax as best I can (which is kind of hard when someone is about to kill you!). Not wanting him to catch on that I know his little secret. “And what business would that be?”

            “Hmm, I think you may have an idea.” His eyes penetrate through my act; he isn’t fooled quite as easy as Josh. He already knows that I recognize him. His hand slips the fabric of his coat back,  trying to intimidate me by the view of the silver object that rests lightly on his hip, his arm hangs loosely by his side, relaxing at his waist. He reveals his weapon, challenging me.

It works. My body quivers as if I were caught in a fifty below blizzard, my stomach is churning and knotting to such a degree, a sharp pain stabs through my side. I ignore it because it wasn’t the pain of a gunshot. It was the pain of a memory, a memory that I force away.

I need to focus on the present; I need to make it through this. Tears fill my eyes at the memory of my mother’s death.

            “You bastard!” I scream at the top of my lungs.

            “Haha,” he chuckles, clutching at his muscled stomach. “You know, for a moment there I was beginning to worry that you had forgotten me, but of course you remember.”

            “Yeah, I remember you,” I try to distract him; I needed to find a way out. “You’re the asswhole that killed my mother!” mercilessness envelops my phrase; a deep malign curdles in the pit of my stomach. My soul, my life, my very essence of being: I put it all into my loathing of this man.

            “Oooh, That language is a little foul; can’t you think of anything better to call me, something a little bit kinder perhaps?” His eyes hold a cold, fake pain.An amused mask cloaks his high cheekbones, low jaw and pudgy cheeks, his face is anything but pitiful or depressed.

            “Yeah, I can think of a few other names! Hag, Bitch, Mother-“

“Not so much the first two, but the last one, were you going to say Mother Killer? Because that name I will certainly take with pride.” If he is trying to piss me off, it’s working. “And you’ll call me daddy if you know what’s good for you.” Once again, he threatens me with the aura of his gun. Feelings of rage and aggression race through my mind. I want to rip this guy in half, better yet; I wantto tear this guy to freaking shreds.

“I have three words for you pops.”

“I’m waiting.” He taps his foot, faking impatience.

“GO. TO. HELL.”

“Well, you’ll beat me there.” He moves his hand towards his gun. Then he pauses, he swings his fingers from the gun holster and glues it to his side. His jacket covers the spot where only I know the violent weapon lays. Confused, I open my mouth to speak. That’s when I hear the footsteps.

 A boy about my age appears next to me. It was all a shadowy haze. One minute I was alone in a room with my murderous father and the next, I wasn’t.

**********************************************************************************************

OMG! A BOY!!!!! Jkjkjkjkkjkjk. Anyways, I feel like adding a little bit of spice to the novel, shake things up a bit. I’ve read it waaaay too many times and I’m starting to get sick of it! Haha. So, her dad’s a nutzo! What a flipping freak. My father the principal! Wow, sorry. That was dumb of me to make him that character but I didn’t know how else to add him in. Any suggestions? And btw, being grounded sux! L

Vommit, fan, do whatevr the helk you want. Thanxxxx!