Chapter 17

After an endless argument of where to eat, Xander picked McDonalds of all places! He holds the door open for me and I save his spot in line while he chooses a table to throw his jacket on. When he returns, I find myself staring into his eyes once again.

 I’m engulfed into a sea of calm, green waves. Xander is so… enchanting. I find myself wishing I could be with him all day, that he would brush my arm again with the roughness of his hand, but that’s silly, crazy in fact.

I already have a boyfriend! What the hell am I doing fantasizing about Xander? I have Josh. But is Josh enough?

“Stupid, stupid, stupid!” I bash my head against my hands once we’re seated with our Big Mac meals.

“You okay?” Xander is watching me; an intense gaze is sketched onto the features of his face.

“Yeah…” I say, more of trying to convince myself rather than him. “Yeah, I’m fine.” I’m finally able to say. I watch his eyes. They search through mine, sorting every inch of my face, every aspect of my gaze,  trying to figure out if I really am okay or if I’m still an emotional wreck as I was earlier.

“’Kay. Well, kewl stuff.” He decides to believe me, but I’m pretty sure that he detected that wavering in my voice. Whoopsers.

Minutes carry on and neither of us says anything. He catches me staring at him from the corner of my eye and smirks, his mouth full of food. I laugh, and so does he. I laugh a loud annoying laugh, a true laugh filled with joy and happiness, one that I haven’t laughed in a long time. I haven’t been this happy since I started dating Josh.

“So, before I drop you off at your place, do you mind if we make a few stops? I’ve got to pick up my sister from school and then I have to run a few errands for my mom.”

“Yeah, definitely.” I watch his face warp to a look of puzzle. “Oh, sorry, I meant like, yeah definitely, we can do that stuff before you drop me off or anything, as in I don’t mind.” I dither on. Man, he probably thinks I’m a complete idiot by now!

“Ha. Ha. Ha.” His laughter fills the expected void of silence. “Okay, so let’s get going. I was supposed to pick Adella up about an hour ago. But I’m always late, so it’s fine.”

After almost tem minutes of riding through the streets in complete and utter in silence, I finally feel obligated to speak. “Can I ask you something Xander?”

“Yeah, shoot.”

“Well, this is probably going to sound absolutely crazy to you, but have you ever realized how freaking loud the silence can be?”

“Actually, I was just thinking about that. But I’m not all that into music.” He rushes on. “All this nowadays pop and rap is all about drugs and sex! I just can’t stand it!”

“Are you for cereal? That’s exactly what I think; I mean most of the older stuff is way better!” At least it’s not talking about seducing people. I’m almost tempted to add that last phrase, but I don’t want to make this conversation awkward, we barely know each other!

“Yeah, like, really. The guys can’t even keep it in their pants for one second, so they have to make a song ‘bout it? That just seems wrong to me.” he exclaims. His eyes flitter from me to the road.

Soul mate. The words whistle through my head, but I shake the thoughts clear. No way in hell is this guy that I’ve just met my soul mate!

**********************************************************************************************

THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PPROGRESS!

IdIOt PrOoF vERsIoN= nOt dONe yEt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;p (I NEED THE IDIOT PROOF VERSION, I HAVE WAAAY TOO MANY BLONDE MOMENTS.

:D  ;) ;O  J)