UNDER THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

Lucy's POV

We arrived at the party. I opened the doors to the guild hall. Me and Natsu entered the guild hall, with me closely dragging behind him, blushing.

"Luce?" Natsu said with questioning eyes. "Yeah?" I responded with a voice crack. "Why are you hiding?" He asked, referring to me trying to avoid people gazes. "Oh I get it." He said with a chuckle. "You're embarrassed your here with me!" He said a little to loud for my comfort. My blush continued spreading on my face. "N-no! Shut up! Hmph!" I stepped out of his shadow, tried my best not to blush. "Lucy?" I looked over to Levy. "Haha! You made it- wait." She looked over to Natsu. "Are you guys dating?!" She blurted, causing me to blush even harder. "No! Nothing like that! We just came together as friends." Levy looked at our costumes. "Sure y'all did." I stomped my foot. "We did!" She rolled her eyes. "Uhuh...right." I growled under my breath. "I'm going to get food!" I said storming over to the food deck.

Natsu's POV

"Oi! Salamander." I turned my head to see Gajeel dressed up as a werewolf. "What bolt face?" He ignored my comment and continued. "I didn't think you'd have the guts to ask bunny girl, surprised she agreed." I frowned. "We came as friends." I said in a serious tone. He bursted out into laughter. "Gihihi, uhuh so you still don't have the balls but yet you dressed as kitty litter. Pfffft-" I cut him off by blurting, "Wanna bet?! Let's go right now!" He darted toward me. "Bring it!" He put his fist away when Levy stepped in front of me. "Gajeel! What have I told you about wrecking the party! I swear! Do you want to be grounded?!" I tried to contain my laughter. "Levy! Stop you're embarrassing me!" He complained. "Looks like Levy can handle this." I said. Gajeel gave me a death glare. "Meanwhile...I-" I was cut off by an angry Lucy. "Natsu! You were gonna wreck her party?! Oh no you don't! Do you want to cook for yourself?" I exaggeratedly landed on my hands and knees and begged her for forgiveness. "Lucyyyyy nooooo!" She rolled her eyes. "If you don't let go of my leg I swear."

I jumped up from the floor smelling cake. "Caaaake!" However, Erza beat me to it and grabbed the entire tray. "Mine!" She hissed. I put my hands up surrendering. "Okay."

Lucy's POV

I headed outside from the party for a couple of minutes, taking deep breaths. I needed to get a fresh breath of air.

I suddenly heard a cry out of desperation. I ran towards it, recognizing the voice. I heard it again. I raced even faster to meet the person I missed desperately.

There, in the glow of the moonlight, a young blue haired mage stood, singing as tears dropped from her chin. "Lucy?" Wendy asked with hopeful eyes. "Wendy!" Tears broke out and poured down my face as I ran to the girl. "D-don't come any closer!" She demanded, freezing me in place. "No Wendy! That wasn't me. You know me!" She bit her lip. "I knew you." I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach. "Wait Wendy!" She disappeared into thin air, out of the moonlights glow. I stood there with tears traveling down my face. I ran into the moonlight Ray that shined in between the trees as if I could somehow find her. "Wendy!" I hollered. But there was no response, what did I expect?

I heard an evil laughter boom around me. I summoned Taurus immediately. "Who's there?!" I demanded for a response. "As if you don't remember." The man from before reveled himself stepping out of the shadows. "Taurus!" I cued Taurus, but when I looked beside me, he was dead. Blood circled him, creating a thick sheet of red. Tears made there way off my neck and onto my chest. "You're supposed to be dead! How-" He laughed harder. "So was Wendy." I clinched the whip on my belt. "Don't say her name, hearing it from your filthy mouth makes me sick to the stomach." He laughed maniacally.

Then, with a snap of his fingers. Levy appeared in front of me, dead. I covered my mouth with my hands and started to cry. "Levy." I bent down and shook her. He snapped again. Now Erza was painted with red, scarlet red.

I looked to the short man robed in black with wide eyes and tears streaming down my face. "Stop!" He snapped again, Natsu was there, behind me. His hair dripping in blood. "Who are you?! Why are you doing this?!" He laughed again. I cursed him under my breath. "Should I kill anymore?" He asked and began laughing again, evilly. "This is your fate. You kill all of them!" He said and with a swish of his robe, he disappeared into thin air.

The bodies cleared up, and I was left, drenched in tears. "What's going on?" I muttered. Is that, really my fate?

I swallowed a lump in my throat. If that is my fate, I can't stay her anymore. I don't want them to die! If I cause their deaths, then it's my responsibility to get as far away from them as possible.

I backed away from the ray of moonlight and started thinking. If Natsu, Levy, and Erza dying was only an allusion, does that mean...Wendy is alive?

I raced towards the guild to warn them, but I stopped at the doors. Is that really a good idea? I'm the cause of their deaths. Maybe, I should just rescue Wendy, and leave. For good.

I don't know what to do! Is he lying to me?! Do I purposefully kill them? If that is my fate, what causes it? Something tells me he's not going to sit down and have a tea party with me to tell. I need answers! What's going on? Why when everything seems to be okay, does it get flipped completely upside down?! I just want peace again! I want to my Fairy Tail back! What happened, where did I go wrong? How do I fix it?

"Lucy?" I turned to see Natsu with a concerned stare. He came towards me, I acted out of fear. "Stay away from me!" I yelled at him. He stepped back. "Lucy what happened?" I shook my head to try to make out any sort of sentence. "I don't know! You just can't be near me!" He came closer. "Natsu stop!"

I'm sorry. Maybe someday, we can both live in our ideal fairy tale. But for now, it looks like I have to leave you yet again. It may be temporary, maybe forever. I'm sorry Natsu, goodbye.

"I hate you! I never want to see you or this guild again!" I screamed at him, hoping he would never dare to look for me when I was gone. I knew it would hurt him, confuse him. But I needed to make my get away. So I ran, yet again, I ran from it all.

Yes that's right Lucy, just run. Like you always do.

•••

SORRY! MORE DRAMAAAA! XD I now have to study! Goodbye all!