Chapter 20

Cairo

"we in Chicago mane!" Kingsley says looking at the beautiful view of the city skylines through the massive glass window. We touched down in Chicago a few hours ago and just checked in. We are staying at the 'Trump Hotel.' The hotel itself is beautiful and luxurious. I could get used this lifestyle. "Yeah mane!" I said.

"The view is dope nigga." he said while popping a champagne bottle he got from the mini kitchen. I and King own this deluxe suite until we go back to Florida. " I know, coach made the right choice we got the best suite."

King handed me a glass that was halfway full with champange, "Cheers bruda." I swallowed the drink down in one go.

"I need a blunt." I blurted out, "Need to release some stress."

King chuckled then said "King Cairo, you forgotten who I am or something?"

I looked at King and kicked off my shoes, King went to his sports bag and zipped down the sides of the it and brought out a mini plastic bag full of weed.

I laughed and shook my head from side to side "How the fuck did you get that past security?"

"Nigga you should know me by now remember back in days, I was best known for smuggling shit."

"Yeah, my day one nigga, my nigga for life." I dapped King.

"Stayed down from day one, remember when we were 16 and our nigga Adam got shot?" Kingsley asked me, whilst rolling a blunt for himself and I. How can I forget, my homie Adam was shot 4 times to his head and died right on the spot.

"By that son of a bitch Malachi went in hiding somewhere and changed his name to Jack he knew we were gonna come hunt him down before the cops did."

King went to the bathroom and got a towel then used it to block the air gap underneath the main door of the suite to stop the smell of the weed from escaping the room.

"He was dangerous though, biggest thug in Florida, I hate his guts so much." King said in a spiteful voice. "We were the rival gang, just one stupid fight divided the hood in two." he added.

"I'm surprised we are still breathing." I said as lit up my blunt then threw the lighter to Kingsley. "Apparently he's still alive, remember when you told me about that night when you came back from meeting that Mexican drug dealer, and on your way home you saw some girl in trouble you helped her out lemme cut it short you shot at that nigga but the bullet missed his heart only by a few centimetres."

I blew out the thick smoke from my mouth and replied saying "You know the girl I rescued that night was Hazel, it's a long story."

"Shit nigga, so does she know him as Jack or Malachi?"

"Jack." I answered. "She used to work for him, he put her through hell."

Kingsley brushed down his waves with his free hand, "Where he at though?"

"Lord knows my nigga."I said as I exhaled another cloud of smoke.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see that Deja was calling me, I know it has to be Hazel so I picked up.

"Hey ma, what's up." I asked

"Hey bae, y'all in Chicago already and how did ya know it was me?" She said, I can tell she's smiling, heck I'm smiling too.

"Yeah baby, I already knew it was you calling anyways, how comes you called me on Dee's phone?"

She sighed then said "My phone died a few minutes ago, so I asked Deja if I could use her phone."