➳ Chapter Eighteen - Home Sweet Home ✑

Nicole's POV:

It didn't take long for us to pack up our things and head back. I knew we would be going straight to the office so I changed when we got on the jet. Xavier's phone didn't seem to stop ringing the entire time.

From what I heard the Japanese board members weren't to pleased with his sudden departure and he was trying to explain to them that there was an urgent matter that needed his attention.

This was his life. Before I guess I didn't fully understand the all of the responsibilities that being a CEO entailed. He would always be busy running his company. I mean it was great that he cared so much about the people that worked for him but would he even be able to be with someone if he constantly had to drop everything the minute something went wrong at work.

I didn't even realize that we were already back at the airport. Jessie was already waiting at the for us.

"Sorry to have to call you back so soon Jes," Xavier said.

"It's not a problem," Jessie replied.

"Hi uncle Eggsy ," a little girl in the front seat said. I'd be lying if I said she didn't startle me.

"Hey Abigail, I didn't know you were picking me up, I would have bought you a present," he said with excitement and she pouted.

"Eggsy?" I asked amused.

"When I first met her, she was just this tiny little thing and she couldn't say Xavier, it came out more like Eggsy so I just stuck with it," he replied. I could see the adoration in his eyes.

"You want to come sit next to me in the back?'" he asked but Abigail just shook her head and hid behind her seat.

"Why not? My friend Nicole is really nice," he persuaded.

"Don't worry Nicole she's just a little shy around new people," Jessie said. "Okay bumble bee buckle up," he said to Abigail.

Before I knew it we were at the office.

"You two love birds came back just for me, how sweet," Jason said as we walked into his office. I knew he was only kidding like he usually does. At this point I just went with it. It still made me blush though.

Xavier didn't reply with a sarcastic comment like he usually would. Jason just patted him on the back and he went to look at Jason's computer.

"How was Japan, Nicole?" Jason asked to get rid of the silence in the room.

"It was so amazing," I replied and I saw a hint of a smile on Xavier's face.

"Nicole, could you go setup the meeting room down in I.T please," Xavier said surprising Jason and I. Probably because he doesn't refer to me as Nicole as much.

"Yea sure, do you need me to do anything else?" I asked.

"Meet me in my office when you're finished," he replied and I nodded.

"Don't worry about him too much sometimes he gets really serious about work stuff, he has big shoes to fill," Jason said when we walked out of the office.

"I guess I can understand that, " I replied.

I went down to the one of the kitchens in the office and got refreshments for the meeting room. There wasn't much to set up so I finished pretty quickly and headed to Xavier's office.