➳ Chapter Three - Surprise ✑

Xavier's POV:

I sat in the living room, still waiting on Ms. Anderson. I was growing a bit impatient so I started walking towards her room. As I got closer I could hear her voice. She was probably talking on the phone.

"Are you kidding, I'll be fine, if anything I feel bad for you," I heard her say then she started giggling.

That sound was music to my ears. I wish I knew who she was talking to. God I hope she doesn't have a boyfriend. She grew quiet after a while.

"Right, have fun with Melissa, the witch," she said.

It must be a co-worker of hers. She said her pleasantries and then I heard shuffling around. I took the opportunity to knock.

"Are you almost finished, Ms. Anderson?" I asked.

"Uh, just a minute Xavier," she replied.

The way my name sounded coming from her was enough to drive me mad. I slowly backed away from the door, restraining myself from opening it. Then I walked back to the living room before I did something I would regret.

She finally came out, in a white and blue floral dress. She had on a pair of blue heels to match. I hope she wouldn't be to exhausted walking in those, given what I have in mind. She noticed me looking down at her feet.

"Uh, there weren't any flats in the bag," she said fidgeting.

"Don't worry about it, you look fine," I said.

Of course it was an understatement. I was beginning to like seeing her in a dress.

"Shall we?" I ask holding the door open for her.

She quickly scurried out the door. My personal driver, Jessie, was finally back from vacation so I didn't have to worry about calling anyone or driving myself. Not only is he my driver he's also the head of my security team. There are others but I never really see them.

"Jessie, this is Ms. Anderson, she'll be staying with me for a while," I tell him and he gives me a nod understanding.

Then he opens the door for her. She gets in then I close the door behind her. Jessie looks at me a bit confused. I just didn't want her to overhear us talking.

"Could you take us to Tom's and then to the nearest mall?" I ask. I don't have to but I like being polite.

"Yes sir," he replied reaching for the door before I stopped him.

"That's okay I got it," I said.

He waited till I got in then headed to the driver's seat. The partition window was still up so we had some privacy in the back.

"Who was that?" I heard Ms. Anderson ask.

"That was my driver/bodyguard I guess," I replied trying to explain it properly. "He's the head of my security team so he's around me all the time basically," I add.

"I don't remember seeing him at the restaurant though," she said scrunching up her eyebrows.

"He just got back from vacation, there are others but I don't really see them," I continue explaining.

"Doesn't that creep you out?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean you like pay these people to watch you all the time but you don't see them," she said.

"No, I mean they make sure nothing happens to me so my mother can rest easily and Jessie talks to them, I've never really given it much thought," I replied shrugging my shoulders.