➳ Chapter One - Dinner ✑

Xavier's POV:

"I want you to send up the paper work that you have for me with Ms. Anderson," I said to Melissa over the phone.

"I don't have any meetings scheduled right now I could bring them up myself," she replied.

"That won't be necessary, I actually wanted to discuss something with Ms. Anderson," I replied.

"Oh, I'll send her right up," she said trying her best not to sound disappointed.

I swear that woman need to learn to control herself. She always seems to find some way to throw herself at me. Most of the the women around here find me attractive but at least they keep the infatuation with me somewhat discrete.

Speaking of infatuation, Ms. Anderson, was I infatuated with her or was it something more? The question had been burning me for weeks. I needed to find out what it was about her that made me feel this way.

"Here's the paper work you requested and umm you wanted to see me sir?" she asked sounding confused,

"Yes come in, I was hoping that you would accompany me to dinner tonight?" I asked staring into those blue orbs but it sounded more like a statement.

"Excuse me?" she asked raising an eyebrow. I tried my hardest not to smile at her sassy tone.

I needed to contain myself. I'm starting to sound like a hormonal teenager.

"Oh it would be strictly professional of course," I clarified realizing her shocked demeanor.

"I simply need a female companion for the evening's event and I think it would be a wonderful opportunity for you as well," I added trying my best to persuade her.

Of course I didn't need a female companion for this dinner but I just wanted some excuse to see her out of that unflattering pants suit she always wore.

"I suppose, but why me?" she asked.

"Let's just say your hard work doesn't go unnoticed," I said vaguely. I knew exactly why I asked her.

"What do you mean?" she asked yet another question.

What was she doing to me! Was she seriously going to make me beg.

"I've noticed you staying back after hours finishing tasks, even helping others out with their work and I know fully well that's not in your job description." I said and now she was starting at me dumbfounded.

Finally!

She looked as though she was lost in thought.

"And I thought that your commitment to this company should be rewarded," I continued snapping her out of her thoughts before she could change her mind.

"Oh, well thank you, it would be my pleasure," she said and now I couldn't help the smile that slipped onto my face.

"Right then I'll have someone pick you up at seven," I said

"Oh and one more thing Ms. Anderson," I said making her turn back around.

"Yes?" she replied.

"Let's keep this between us," I said.

"Okay," she said quietly and then she exited my office.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

Nicole's POV:

His words keep running through my head. He noticed my extra work.

How did he even notice that! Well it is his company after all. Well yeah but no need to be rude.