➳ Chapter Five - Office Drama ✑

Nicole's POV:

After I left Mr. Heartford's office I headed back to the tenth floor, where I worked.

"So what did he want?" Amy asked.

"He offered me a new job, as his assistant," I said.

Saying it out loud made it real. I was going to be the CEO's assistant. I wouldn't have to deal with Melissa anymore.

"Congratulations," Jessica said.

"I'm so happy for you," Sasha said.

"Thanks guys, I'm going to miss being on the same floor as you though," I said truthfully.

"Don't even worry about it, besides we can always catch up at lunch or hang out after work like we usually do," Amy said reassuring me.

After talking to them I went to my desk, well I guess my old desk, to collect my things. When I got there I was met by a pissed Melissa. And I didn't need a genius to figure out why.

"So what'd you do huh? Did you sleep with him? Slut!" she yelled.

"Excuse me?" I replied trying to remain calm.

"Oh please, you expect me to believe that he would just offer you a promotion for no damn reason!" she continued.

"I think you should calm down and stop accusing me of something I didn't do," I replied. I noticed everyone looking at us. Well mostly her and the way she was behaving.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Telling me what to do!" she yelled.

In my opinion she was acting like a spoiled little brat. And by now a few people were crowding close to us. It was actually quite embarrassing to have her loudly accusing me of something I had absolutely no intention of doing.

"What is your problem?" I asked in a bit of a hushed tone.

"As of right now you are my problem," she replied.

"What's all the commotion about?" a deep voice behind me asked.

And I didn't even have to turn around to know who it belonged to.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

Xavier's POV:

"Jason, you're going to have to find another secretary for Melissa," I said.

"I thought I was supposed to be finding you an assistant? What ever happened to that?" he asked.

"I've already taken care of that issue," I replied.

"I bet you have," he said. "Don't be ashamed to admit you like that office chick." Even though we were talking over the phone I could imagine he stupid face.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I replied.

"Sure you don't?" he said.

"Are you done being an idiot?" I asked.

"Rude, you should really work on your people skills you know," he replied.

"I think my people skills are just fine," I replied.

"I'm like your only friend you should start treating me better," he added.

"Yeah that's not true but nice try," I said and with that I hung up.

I decided I should call Melissa a tell her. She answered immediately after I hit the call button of course. It was beyond creepy the way she always did that.