➳ Chapter Eleven - We Should Celebrate ✑

Nicole's POV:

I wonder why Xavier was acting so weird in Jason's office. As I walked back I heard their voices becoming louder. Sounds like something serious.

"You're falling for her," it sounded like Jason's voice.

"I barely even know her," Xavier said.

"When are you going to stop lying to yourself?" Jason asked.

"Alright it's true! But she wouldn't go for it anyway," Xavier said

I step away from the door. Clearly it's a personal conversation and I already ease dropped enough. But I wonder who they're talking about. I had to admit I felt the slightest bit of jealousy. I mean I know that it would never work between the two of us because he's my boss. I can't have feelings for him, I just can't. I guess it's better this way, whoever she is she must be really special.

I go back into my new office and start staring at the wall to distract myself.  The wall behind me was glass and I had a great view of New York. The walls to my left and right were painted a beige color. I would have to change those, when I got time. The last wall and door in front of me was a frosted glass so there was some kind of privacy. I could still see the silhouette of someone at the door.

"Okay, what's on my schedule for today?" Xavier asked as soon as he walked in my office.

I pulled out his planner and start reciting things he needs to do today.

"You have a meeting in five, there are some files on your desk that you need to review and you have a press conference after lunch," I said.

"Something on your mind?" he asked.

Just you and the fact that you like someone.

"No, not at all," I replied.

Why was all of even bothering me so much in the first place? Maybe he was a flirt. Perhaps he talked to every female he met this way. Maybe I was getting my hopes up for nothing.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

"Hey what's up," Amy greeted my as I walk towards their table.

"I was going to asked if any you missed me down here in HR but by the looks of it you're doing just fine without me," I said teasingly.

"Are you kidding, of course we miss you, I haven't even gotten a new secretary and there are still two positions that need to be filled, until that happens I have to do all this work by myself," Sasha said with a long sigh. "But by the looks of you, you're definitely enjoying that top floor," she added with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?" I asked glaring at her.

"Sasha's right you look hot, I don't think you dressed up like that for us," Jessica said.

"So I can't look nice for my first day?" I asked innocently.

"There's a difference between looking nice and looking hot hun, I bet Mr. Hartford isn't complaining," Sasha replied gaining giggles for Amy and Jessica.

"You guys are being ridiculous and that is so inappropriate," I said.

So is living with you boss. My conscience reminded me.