Epilogue

"Brother, the matter has worsen."

He stood there, a frown etched on his face. He looked almost pitifully at the girl, still shocked at the truth she had discovered. 

His brother stood there, silent as usual. He stared at the horizon with a deep longing before heaving a sigh, his expression so mournful that he could not stand it.

"Let them wander. They will no longer seek us." He said calmly.

"The war continues to rage on. You do not care." He said flatly, trying to ignite a spark in his eyes.

He gave a hollow laugh. "Why should I? I have done my duty, there is nothing left for me to do. Why do you seek something from me when I have nothing to give? I am merely an empty shell."

"Why do you always deny yourself of everything? You and I have the rights to make our own decisions!" He said angrily, trying to make some sense go into his stubborn brother. But even he himself knew the irony to his words. They were striped of that privilege the moment they were born, merely given the duty to guard the ancient building. They had done it faithfully, but now that they had completed it, their job was done. Their existence is no longer needed.

"They will continue the legacy-or so I had thought. Perhaps, a new path will be forged?"He mused, chuckling to himself.

"Mother Night is awaking, and the chain has been interfered once more. I wonder how it would be? Such a pity we will not be there to see it." He spoke flatly, as if he was only saying it for some source of comfort.

He stared at him, aghast. His eyes dimmed as a look of longing appeared on his face. His eyes gazed at something that could only be seen by him, and him alone. It whispered the secrets of man's desire, but his eyes only held the look of a lifeless soul.

"Soon. We will meet again."

Do you feel surprised at the ending? All along, their true objective had never been The Headmasters, even if it was what they thought. This book is completed without much excitement, which I apologize for. I decided to shorten some plot to finish this book as fast as I can. This has been started since last year on March, and has finally ended this year on September. Thank you. Thank you for all of your support, all of the views and comments that has been given to this book. My heart warms up whenever someone votes or comment something on this book. It pleases me to know that there is someone out there who is willing to read this book even if it is not the best-or the worst book out there.

So, thank you.

Also, an announcement will be posted on this book when the second book is out!

I will start writing a book of mine, Thievery In The Shadows. I hope you can continue to support me there!

............................................................

They say a thief steals by bidding their time for them to lower their guards before attacking.

But a true thief goes out in the open. They never stays in one place for too long, but it is those who are daring that people should truly fear. For with one hand, they deceive their prey, and with the other, they bind them helplessly.

......................

The war had taken a great toll between the people of Vagelslan and Haloeena. Dark days stood ahead of them even as the people suffered greatly at the hands of the Haloeena king, and even more under the hands of these despicable soldiers.

But somewhere in between them all, one girl, a thief, suffered.

Her family? Gone in the ashes of a fire.

Her past? Nothing but thin air, where the memories still exists somewhere in her cold heart.

And she, Emma, will find herself in the center of it all, where she will rise to take her place.

Who would have ever thought that one thief would be the answer to everything?