Chapter 15: A walk

If YOU want a quicker update,remember to read the author note down there! (I am NOT forcing any of you to do this.Do it on your own FREE WILL.Just saying.If you can or want to,check out the song above! (I like to listen to it while reading the chapter (in my opinion only,of course!)

-Lilia-

On her hand was a black mark with curly writings and symbols that she didn't understand.

Not being able to handle it,she collapsed on the ground as reality crashed in.

Up until now,she had only thought of attending the Schools for her own good,to be able to learn more about this miraculous world that she had been brought into.But Lilia had never thought that something as terrible as the demons would happen to her,to everyone in The Schools.Perhaps part of her still thought of this as a dream,half blinded by her own arrogance-no,not arrogance,but her own selfishness.She buried her face in her hand as she swallowed a sob.All the burden,all the bravery and the leadership she had shown in the battle was gone.It was merely but a facade,a shell to hide her from the merciless laughters and jeers she had been given her whole life.

Inside,she was nothing but a helpless girl,wanting nothing more but to be free from all the stares.

She thought that being the cold emotionless girl that everyone had thought she was would solve her problems.Better being hate and curious than being laughed at.Better being the poker,emotionless girl than being someone to be jeered down at.That was what she had thought,living to survived under the harsh cruel eyes that looked down to her since she was but a young child.It was the society who hated her,and it was the society who changed her into what she was now.

Her hand clenched into fists as the dam finally broke.

Tears silently trailed down her face and dropped down onto the ground as she curled into a ball.It was all too much.

She let go of her fears,her sorrows,all of them,as she wept under the tree.The sun went behind the clouds.

Be strong.A voice said in her mind.

Be strong.Just those two words,made Lilia's heart ache.How long had it been since she had cried like this?

You can do it.

Soon,the tears ran dried and Lilia wiped her face using her hands.She looked at her hands before clenching it tightly.She stood up.

"You'll need this." A voice said.She turned to see a man looking at her with twinkling eyes.He held out a pair of leather gloves.She looked at the gloves and then at the man uncertainly.He gave a warm smile.Reaching her hand out slowly,she took the gloves and put them on.When she turned to thanked the man,he already disappeared.

Weirdly,he seems familiar somehow.

Probably just my imagination.

Looking around,Lilia decided to stroll around.She walk past the Schools as she looked at the sun setting.The sky was illuminated with brilliant streaks of pink and gold.It was a beautiful view.

"What are you doing here?" A voice said next to her.She looked down and saw Keith laying down on the grass watching the sun.He patted the place next to him.Copying his actions,Lilia laid down on the grass next to him.Keith shifted and put his hands behind his head.

"Its beautiful,the view."

"I know.I loved coming here too sometimes."

"Oh."

A comfortable silence fell over them as they laid there,silently watching the sunset.

Suddenly,Kevin stood up as he brushed of the grass.Lilia watched him.Saying nothing,he held up a hand to Lilia.Giving him her hand,he pulled her up.