Chapter 2: Midnight strucks

Cover dedication to shadowsleek

As the grand old clock in the village tolls midnight, a huge shadow spread across the village,momentarily covering the grand old clock.Had anyone saw it,they may have wondered what it was.

The shadow seems to be looking for something,or someone.It flew over the tall hills,over the cosy village and over them all until a small little house in the little corner of the village.Lilia'shouse.

The shadow flew down,and as the cloud drifted past the moon the light shine down on the shadow.It was,in fact,a glossy black swan,whose eyes shone bright with intelligence.

Moments later, as the moonlight revealed, a white swan flew down and landed beside the black swan.

"How is that girl,Liora?"The black swan asked the white swan.

"She had lived a life of happiness as well as sadness.I suspected that someone in her family had died when she was very young.Nevertheless, she is bright,not like this one over here,Midnight."

The black swan,Midnight,nod at that and said,"You are correct.She had spend almost all her life locking herself in,never letting anybody in except maybe that girl that you had visited just now.Her life had almost been a sad existence."

The white swan,Liora,shook it's head."The poor thing.She does not have any confidence or faith in herself,and does not knew about just how much potential she had in herself."

"

Ah,but that is why we are here,are we not?"Midnight said.

Liora rubbed its head against Midnight's."You're right as usual,Midnight."

Midnight's eyes twinkle in the night."The Headmasters have chosen well,as always.Come,we have work to do here,Liora."

Liora nod,and took off to the direction of Ember's house.

Midnight shook itself and took a deep breath."I wonder how this little one will act when she sees me."Midnight mused.And with that,it knocked the door with it's beak.