Chapter Thirteen

Akira's POV

The car ride was mostly silent except for Kyoya asking if I was okay a couple of times. That was mostly my fault though, I was caught up in my thoughts. I was still trying to process what had happened. It almost seemed unreal, but the second I shifted and pain shot through my sides I knew it had to be. I just kept my eyes looking out the window and tried not to move.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked me.

I finally shook my head, "No I'm not okay, but I'd like to pretend that I am even if just for the car ride."

He nodded but didn't look convinced. I sighed and finally moved carefully closer to him, snuggling into his side and trying to disappear from the world. I winced slightly as I did so, but I didn't care. Kyoya draped his arm around my shoulders and I continued to bury myself. I don't know how long it was until the car stopped, but I know that I didn't want it to. Looking at my phone I realized that it must've been at least a half hour.

Someone opened the door for Kyoya and he got out, then offered a hand to me, completely ignoring the young man trying to do his job. I grabbed my bunny in one hand and took his hand in the other, I scooted over painfully before trying to stand. I easily got to my feet, but when I tried to straighten up my sides hurt like hell. I sucked in a quick gasp and closed my eyes tightly. The young man gasped, "Milady!"

Kyoya stepped forward instantly and slipped an arm under my knees and one behind my back, still trying to be careful. I staid still as he lifted me easily in his arms, I rested my head against his chest, my eyes still closed and my bunny held against my stomach loosely.

I heard a door open and then, "Master Kyoya." There was a slight pause and then, "Is she alright?"

"No, but she will be." He replied tightly. "Is my sister here?"

"Yes, would you like me to call for her?"

"Yes, thank you. Send her to my room if you would." Kyoya told him, starting to walk somewhere.

"Of course."

All I heard for a while was Kyoya's footsteps, apparently taking me to his room. He shifted me slightly and apologized softly when I cringed slightly. I nodded to show he was fine and then he was walking again. I was laid down on something soft on my side and I opened my eyes for the first time. Kyoya's room was exactly as I had expected it, modern, black and sharp. His bed was very comfortable though.

I worked myself into laying flat on my back, my bunny clenched in my hand tightly, as Kyoya opened the door at the sound of a knock. I heard the door open, but I was just a little preoccupied. I finally laid flat, the pain in my sides a dull throb, and sat my bunny on the pillow next to me. Kyoya walked inside with a woman, but quickly moved to sit at my side when he saw I had moved, "You should not stress yourself."

His voice was that of when he was speaking to the people downstairs, nothing like when he talks to me. I raised a hand to his face and rested my palm against his cheek, "Don't be like this, not now of all times."

Kyoya sighed and seemed to look back at the woman who was smiling at the both of us. Kyoya sighed again and asked her, "Is anyone else here?"

"Nope, just me, you and the servants. They all chose to go on the trip." She told him securely, you knew she wasn't lying.

Kyoya nodded turned back to me, taking the hand that I had let slip down to the base of his neck into one of his. "You know what I'm like-"

"They aren't here." I interrupted. "I know though, but I'm leaving if they come back. I hate it when you're like that."