Chapter Five

Akira's POV

After helping Kyoya carry the tea, I sat down on the floor in front of the coffee table. I knew it would be better to separate myself. I sighed and said, "So you guys are probably wondering what I meant earlier, right?"

They all nodded quickly and I sighed again looking away. I said, "When I said Kyoya knew me, I meant it. I've told him everything and now I want to share it with you, but that's very hard for me to do. I really don't know how to say this so I guess I'll just start from the beginning....."

I hesitated and Kyoya reminded me, "They wont treat you different."

I nodded and said, "I had a hard childhood growing up, but really who hasn't? My father was very strict growing up, if I did one thing wrong it could set him off. I was being punished constantly because I just couldn't follow their rules, they wanted to lock me down and be their perfect little soldier. I don't know if you guys have noticed but, I sure as hell am not capable of that.

"The punishments got worse and worse as I grew up and so did what my father thought of me. Soon as my punishment he would start hitting me or smacking me. I got used to it after a while and I didn't even let the pain show on my face, knowing it would bother him. What I didn't know was that he would start drinking eventually.

"He would get drunk with the scotch he kept in his bottom right drawer of his desk. He would literally beat the ever loving Hell out of me, not even thinking about it twice. I still never let the pain show, how stupid that was I didn't know until later. He eventually got sick of my emotionless facade and beat me so bad I had to go to the hospital, yet he still didn't get the satisfaction of seeing me in pain, not once.

"After that every time I got a bad grade on a test, or said something he didn't like, or even just looked at him wrong, he beat me. My mother loved him, but she loved me as well. She tried to get him to stop, but he would just hit her so I made her stop trying. Why spread my pain? Besides, I'm not going to lie. When I was in too much pain I would sneak into his office and take a hit off his scotch, it helped null the pain a little.

"Soon he got sick of me. Told me I was a disappointment and a failure as a d- son. He packed his bags and had the maids pack mine. He kicked me out of the house and told me to go die in the streets. So I took my bags and started walking. It was only about a half hour later that my mom picked me up in a car. She took me to an apartment she said she bought for me. She gave me the key card, my passport, a card for a taxi service she owned independently from my father that I could use for free anytime and a credit card for extreme emergencies only. She told me that they were moving, that my father didn't want me to be able to find them again.

"She kissed my forehead and walked out the front door, never to return again. I woke up every night screaming and crying from nightmares. I still wake up crying, I just learned not to scream." I finished. I stared at the spot next to me while silent tears rolled down my face. I wiped them away quickly but more just kept coming. I stood up quickly and walked into the bathroom, cleaning my face with a washcloth.

I heard a knock on the door and opened it, finding Kyoya standing in the doorway. He said, "You never told me you drank his scotch."

"I wasn't ready to admit it yet." I told him. I washed my face roughly, but the cloth was pulled away from me.

Kyoya said, "Just sit on the counter."

I hopped up on the counter quickly and he started to gently wash my face. I asked, "Kyoya? Why are you so nice to me all the time?"

"Why don't you call me Senpai?" He countered.

"Can you give me one reason?" I asked him.

"Only if you tell me why."