Chapter 6

JayyTee

(The_Black_Butterfly is totally rad.)

~ Chapter 6 ~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So... You minus a power and multiply it by that number?"

"Claire! For the millionth time, you add  to the power and divide it."

"Derrek, It's no use, I'm failing tomorrow!"

Derrek let out a huge sigh.

"How the heck did you manage to get accepted to this school?" he chuckled, "I heard you got a scholarship!"

"Why? Is it hard to believe that?" I asked bitterly.

"Well, uh, I didn't mean it like that..." He looked at the ceiling and sighed, "Okay, fine I did."

I obviously couldn't tell him that Robert forced the school into taking me in, so I decided to give my superb acting skills a go.

"Alright," I looked at him straight in the eye, "Don't think differently of me after this...okay?"

"Alright boss."

I gracefully placed my hand over his and stared at him closely.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"My dad is dating the headmistress, so I got in as easy as that."

"No way!" He gasped, "Your dad is dating Mrs. Helen?!"

"I believe that is just what I said."

I watched him mouthing the words 'Oh my God' for the next 10 seconds.

"Well, let's make sure you pass or your dad's girlfriend will regret entering you here!"

I punched his shoulder playfully.

"Hey! I'm not that bad!"

"What's the integral rule?"

How was I supposed to know? I was too busy analyzing Drew's actions in class, with a few occasional stares at Derrek.

"Fine, teach me, oh master of math."

We both laughed for a while because I sounded ever so lame.

Out of nowhere, he put his face close to mine. I think my heart just skipped a beat.

"Let's make studying this interesting, shall we?"

"W-What do y-you have in m-mind?" I stuttered.

I know I was supposed to be avoiding Derrek, but this was excusable, I'm studying.

"If you answer a question correct you get to ask me to do anything you want, and if you don't, I get to ask you to do something."

"But that's not fair, I'm far worse in math than you are."

"Every two you get wrong I get to ask something then. You just need to score one to get me to do something." He stuck his tongue out.

I know this is bad. I do, I really do. But, if it helps me pass, It's good. Just this once though Claire. Don't do this anymore.

"Go ahead then, Derrek."

"Integrate 2x^2."

" 2x." I stated confidently.

"Nope, it's (2x^3)/3."

I let out a groan. This is awful, why did I agree to this?

"Let's try an easier one, Integrate 2."