Chapter 2

JayyTee

~ Chapter 2 ~

“Okay Robert, what do I do now?” I sighed, taking a deep breath as I walked towards the prestigious school. The greenery was simply breathtaking, it even had a grand water fountain right in front of the main building.

Rich people…

I hadn’t worn such toned down clothes in a while. My dirty red hair was tied neatly in a ponytail. The grotesque sweat pants Robert made me wear hid my well developed curves and made me appear plainer. I suppose the fact that I was wearing huge black old fashioned glasses didn't help either.

“Claire… You there?”

“Sorry, I zoned out for a bit. Yeah?”

“Claire,” Robert sighed “Take this seriously, I know you have a perfect record and all, but this isn’t going to be as easy as the rest of them”

“I’m sorry, Father.” I said sarcastically.

"Well, I've taken care of everything. Here is your schedule and all your things will arrive by evening" He said, handing me a piece of paper.

Wait. Why would I need all my things? I frowned and crossed my arms.

"Robert..." I said impatiently while tapping my foot at a rapid beat "Is there something... you aren't telling me?"

"It seems that I forgot to tell you a small detail: this is a boarding school."

My heart sank. Boarding school? Does this mean I'd have to share a room with another person? The amount of people I've talked to in my life can be counted with my fingers (Ofcourse not counting the ones i've killed); I'm not exactly sociable. I wouldn't know how to act. What if I blew my cover? I opened my mouth to object this mission but I suddenly remembered, my freedom.

Robert pulled me into a hug and gently kissed my forehead.

"You'll be all right," he chuckled. "after all, who raised you?"

I glanced up to see him wink.

"The best assassin in the World, you did," I whispered while hugging him back.

"Hey there! I'm Derrek. You're new around here right? Welcome to Winchester High!" a guy stated happily  "What's your name?"

I couldn't help but check him out. He was wearing a pair of black jeans, and his killer red shirt complimented his muscles.

" Uh.. My name is Claire," I smiled shyly. I had to get into the act. "Nice to meet you"

"Which class you heading to? I'll help you get around" he said while brushing his gorgeous dark blond hair back.

Damn this guy was hot.

"Uh, Chemistry," I said while I tried to keep calm. He was leaning over me, skimming through my schedule.

My heart began thumping loudly. I have never felt this way before. I mean sure, I've seduced a heck load of preys before killing them but not one of them have ever been kind to me. All they were thinking about was getting in my pants.

"Hey, what a cooky coincidence!" he laughed. " You're in all my classes!"

Cooky. Was that even considered as a proper word?

"Wow, I guess i'm just lucky," I flirted.

Damn it, I was supposed to act like an innocent newbie, not some nerdy slut.

"Hmmm..." He muttered leaning closer to me. "You're really pretty up close,"

Crap. Was he going to kiss me? I felt butterflies in my stomach as he came even closer. Get a grip of yourself girl, get a grip of yourself. Our lips were inches away from each other. I closed my eyes waiting for those soft lips to touch mine, but they never did.

"You're pretty interesting too," he said smiling "I guess this is where the saying ' don't judge a book by its cover' applies"

Did he just indirectly insult me? That I was dressed poorly?  Well I can't blame him, Robert told me I shouldn't stand out. And I won't.

" Are you following or what?" He asked grabbing my hand "Come on then!"