Chapter 1

This is first co-written story we both have so we are very excited to hear from you! 

Odd chapters: The_Black_Butterfly

Even chapters: JayyTee

Hope you enjoy this! :)

©2011 The_Black_Butterfly & JayyTee

All rights reserved

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The_Black_Butterfly

~ Chapter 1 ~

I tied my maroon locks in a tight pony tail above my head, leaving a few strands dangling free around my face. The pale silvery moonlight shone through the glass window pane, creating a surreal mist-like hue around the room. The tip of my lips curved up in a smile, and my stilettos made almost no sound as I approached the figure in front of me. The bedside lamp was on, and he was reading a magazine.

 “Claire,” he acknowledged as he saw me coming towards him, “look at this. The son of the billionaire was found dead in his car a few days ago.”

“Really?” I commented casually and faced away from him. I unbuttoned the first button on my shirt. As expected, I felt his arm snake around my waist, and I smirked. He trailed light kisses down the side of my neck, and I turned my neck sideways to grant him access.

"You want to stay up tonight?” I murmured to him.

I felt him grin against my neck, and more kisses were trailed over my neck.

“Of course,” he shot back, his voice hoarse and filled with lust.

His hand went under my thigh, and he lifted one of my legs so that I was straddling him. I wrapped my legs around him, and I felt his hand head lower and lower down my back. I pressed my lips to his, and he immediately reacted. My fingers dangled in his brown curls. I gently pushed him down so that I was on top of him. I pulled back slightly and grinned.

“You left such a wide opening, Thomas,” I purred. “You know what that means? It means game over for you.”

 I felt confusion pass across those gray eyes of his. Quicker than he could blink, I reached past his shirt and gripped the handle of the small knife that I knew he always had with him. The knife spun once in my hand before the blade faced him square in his chest. I paused for a millisecond. His eyes grew wide as he sensed my intention.

“Claire! No! Wait - !”

Blood poured out from the wound that I had stabbed him, and in one quick movement, I was up. Pulling out a pink napkin with a calligraphic capital C on it, I made sure that my finger didn’t touch it as I tossed it on the corpse. Unbuttoning my shirt completely, I tossed the white shirt on the hotel ground. The black leather assassin outfit hugged my body perfectly. I yanked open the balcony door and stepped out. The soft night air caressed my hair, sending maroon strands of hair whipping around my face.

In a single leap, I had swung my body to the other side of the rail. Within seconds, I felt myself free falling towards the ground. Counting to five I pressed the hidden button in my watch. A thin but strong string shot out from the device and dug into the base of a balcony sticking out f  from the building. I felt myself being propelled forward. A few buildings later, I gingerly lowered myself to the roof of a significantly lower building. My phone vibrated, and I fished it out of my pocket.

“Claire,” I answered.  

“How is it going?” Robert, the head of my assassin team, asked.

I rolled my eyes, but then realized that he couldn’t see me so I answered him instead.

“If I were still doing my mission, I would be dead because you called.”

“Oh, come on,” he groaned.

 “Yeah, it was successful,” I replied and casually sat down on the edge of a building, dangling my feet over the edge of it.

“Perfect, I have another -”

“Robert,” I cut him off, "I’m human, and I need breaks -”

“This isn’t any mission,” he said soothingly, and I felt myself run my hand through my locks. I tossed the hair band away since I won’t need it anymore and sighed.“One last mission and I  promise you that I won’t send you off to kill anyone.”

I felt my breath get caught in my throat. The word ‘last’ seemed too good to be true. Assassins don’t use such a word. We would never allow failures. It was probably because of my unblemished record that Robert was fond of me. I couldn’t stand the temptation.

“Go ahead,” I permitted him.

“Okay, he was a mafia leader. At the moment, he is enrolled in Winchester High.”

“A resigned one?” I almost laughed.

“Don’t take this too lightly, Claire,” Robert warned. “He was the best of his times, and the only reason he quit was because he can’t stand it or something. I want you to kill him. It won’t be an easy task, but I trust you.”

“I want your word, Robert.”

“You have my word, Claire. This will be my last request. Once this is over, you will have enough money to live on an isolated island. No polices or detectives will come after you.”

“Speaking of polices,” I mused out loud, “I may have left my shirt back in the hotel.”

“Don’t worry about that. I’ll take care of the evidences,” Robert assured me.

Rich people…  

“Would you accept this mission?”

“As long as I have your word, Robert,” I smiled against the phone.

“Great,” he said, and I heard him let out a small sigh of relief.

“I will pull some strings and get you into Winchester High. A private plane will also be ready. If everything goes as planned, you will be one of students in that elite school. I’m warning you, he won’t be an easy target. Use your skills, Claire.”

“Sure, I’ll keep my guard up,” I assured him.

“Okay, your last target will be Drew Kosav. Location, Winchester High.”