Epilogue

EPILOGUE.

“Yeah, if you Holts would actually help in cleaning up, that’d be great.”

Reagan and Madison Holt glared at Ned Starling.

Ted pulled his brother backwards. “Yeah, if you would stop being stupid and suicidal and trying to get me in every trouble, that’d be great,” he told him harshly, using the same sarcastic tone Ned used awhile ago.

Phoenix and Keightlyn sighed, stabbing the trash around the HQ with their pointy-at-the-end stick thingy. “I’d rather beg for forgiveness than stand under this sun,” Keightlyn groaned, wiping the sweat off her neck. She dropped her pointy stick on the floor and fixed her ponytail.

“Like we haven’t tried that,” Phoenix said sullenly. He glared at the blaring sun. “We didn’t even do anything wrong.”

“That’s why we only get twelve hours of community service,” Keightlyn reminded him. “The others get, like, 48 or something.”

Phoenix considered that for a moment. Then, he frowned. “Still.”

Suddenly, Reagan screamed. Phoenix and Keightlyn looked at them, thinking that the four got into some kind of brawl again. Instead, Reagan was on all fours, gasping for breath and one hand clutching her chest. She grew really, really pale as her breathing got heavier. Madison crouched low beside her sister, calling her name over and over, but getting no response. Ted grabbed her by the shoulders and urged her to calm down and match the pace of his breathing. Phoenix recovered first and let go of his stick. He started running towards the HQ when he doubled over. He fell on his chest. Unmoving. Keightlyn shrieked. Madison started crying as Reagan’s eyes rolled over her lids.

Ned stabbed the first button on his phone. Before Fiske could pick up, Reagan and Phoenix started convulsing.

xxxOOOxxx

"That's my girlfriend, Sinead Starling," Hamilton told them, pointing at the auburn-haired girl talking animatedly to a museum curator. 

Henry narrowed his eyes as he followed Hamilton's extended finger. "Is she talking to that old guy that owns this dustbin?" he asked disbelievingly.

"Yeah. This is one of the museum's she hasn't been into and she was really looking forward to it," Hamilton replied, smiling at the sudden flush of excitement that lit up Sinead's entire features. 

"You have your dates in a museum?" Luke spluttered in the same disbelieving tone as Henry. 

Hamilton nodded, not noticing his friends' guarded expressions. "She's an Ekat, you see," he told them with a hint of pride in his voice. 

"She's an Ekat," Henry and Luke echoed, their voices sounding as hollow as a cave. 

Hamilton made a face at them. "Yeah, you just pretty much repeated what I said," he said, irritated. 

His friends had their mouth wide open when Sinead finally joined them.

This was going to be very difficult for both parties.

xxxOOOxxx

A resounding thwack from the room echoed to the corridor, making all the Cahills flinch. Jonah Wizard's yell of complaint followed soon afterwards. More yelling which suspiciously sounded like arguing with a good choice of words started. Angelle's annoyed voice reverberated relatively louder than Jonah's. Natalie cowered behind Dan.

"Yep. The antidote worked," Dan declared happily, looking at all of them. 

xxxOOOxxx

Ian leaned closer, ignoring the loud beating of his heart. It was getting deafening, really. At the back of his mind, he was aware of worrying whether Amy could hear every nervous thump. But there are much more important things to think of. Or not. Because if there was a perfect moment to kiss Amy Cahill it would be now, right now with the silver moonlight, the peaceful surroundings, the gentle breeze, nobody to interrupt whatsoever. 

Amy closed her eyes tightly as she felt the tip of his nose touching hers, knowing that his lips are only millimetres away from her now. Just a little...

Bit...

More...

They could feel each others' shallow breath on their cheeks, the moment seemingly endless. The tip of the lips touched and it was right there. They could both feel it –

"Ian! Come quick!" somebody yelled from inside the house. 

Ian started as did Amy who opened her eyes in shock and jumped a good couple of centimetres from where she was seated. The beautiful scenario dissolved like somebody ripped a record out, leaving only an uneasy silence. Ian leaned away slightly taking in a slow, long and shaky breath though his mouth. Amy cleared her throat awkwardly, leaning away, too.

"Well," Ian said breathily, preventing the word to come out as a growl. He swallowed audibly. Amy looked at him expectantly. They studied each other's faces, noting the slightest pink on the cheeks if the other.  "Somebody had better be dying in there," he continued after a long pause, jumping from the hedge and stalking inside the house. His annoyance glowed and Amy permitted herself an amused smile. 

She wasn't the only one disappointed. 

xxxOOOxxx

The End of Start (the final instalment for The Start 39 Clues Fan Fiction) : SUMMER 2014

Hope you enjoyed that :))

Fan, comment and/or vote?

AngelicSpring is now goig on a relatively short hiatus -.-"