Chapter 2

So school's back (officially) and it seems like there is nothing we can do about it, sooo...

TT.TT

TT.TT

TT^TT

TT.TT

Anyways, school wouldn't be so bad (probably). I mean we'll get homeworks and pop quizzes and endless projects... FUN. 

...

Y'know what I'll just stop trying to make us all feel better.

Anyhoo, I'm sure you guys had fun on your first day, so... Yeah... 

...

Thank you, francesgale, for commenting on the previous chapter. Hope you'd like this one XD

Here is another chapter of The Start of Pain. Hope you guys would enjoy even though I own nothing whatsoever about The 39 Clues :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

Dark.

Why is it so dark?

Beep.

Beep.

Click.

Natalie Kabra quickly regained her sleeping composure as she heard the softest clicking of an opening door and silently thanked all those years she spent with her brother in Lucian training.

Her brother.

Where is he? Where am I? Where are the others?

“Her heart rate is going faster, Alex.”

Natalie tried her very best to resist the involuntary urge to panic. She breathed inconspicuously deep enough to appear sleeping, managing a peaceful and steady pace.

His companion clucked his tongue in disapproval. “What are you talking about, Victor? Can’t you see the poor little girl is asleep?” The voice – Alex, perhaps – sounded sympathetic and somewhat rebuking towards his companion. Natalie tried not to wrinkle her nose in disgust at being called a poor, little girl. She is nowhere near poor and she is not little either.

“Boo!” a voice boomed directly beside her ear. If she just wasn’t lost in thoughts, she would’ve felt him getting closer and closer to her. If she just wasn’t preoccupied, she would’ve prevented herself from emitting the slightest of flinch.

But, she did flinch.

“Wakey, wakey, Ms. Natalie Kabra,” the first voice, Victor, sang out, sounding mildly amused. “You do not want things to get messy, do you?”

Natalie quickly weighed her options. Desperate times call for desperate measures. And desperate measures, most of the time, means ‘winging it’, as Daniel would most likely put it. What should she do? Her little faking is out. Besides, she won’t be able to gather much information anyway by pretending to be asleep. That’s it. She opened her eyes, blinked a few times and scanned her surroundings. As soon as she laid her amber orbs at the two people who thought they would be lovely company, she rolled her eyes in disgust.

“What you’re wearing is simply... ugh,” she complained, pointing at Victor. “Obviously bought cheap.” She directed her stare at Alex, ready for her snappy commentary about how he has the most maddening voice in this godforsaken room and how his pitch is all wrong.