Chapter 1

Hola, amazing people! Here is another chapter of The Start of Pain.

Just want to take this moment to thank these awesometastic people: [mary311laurel :: inoc123 :: unicorn_dolphin99 :: hershey0 :: wakabee] Please feel free to yell at me if ever I've forgotten your awesomeness >.< Sorry 'bout that...

Hope y'all would enjoy it :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 1

There was angry shouting inside the kitchen. That said, let us now activate our prior knowledge. If there is angry shouting, then certainly there must be a lot of intense arguing. Therefore, it is safe to say that people in their clearest state of mind should not - at any cost - get near, even on a ten-mile-radius distance, from said room.

But of course, if you’re a Cahill from the line of Lucians or Ekats or Tomas or Janus or Madrigals, living in the Cahill manor for the past few weeks, you wouldn’t have to activate any prior knowledge. It is already a law of nature that if Amy Cahill raises her voice and Ian Kabra strains not to raise his voice back, you should keep your distance.

But, then again. Cahills don’t do ‘keep your distance’. Never did and never will.

And so, they – all of them including the Rosenblooms and Tolliver – crouched beside Dan and Hamilton, both of whom are too busy concentrating on listening to what was going on inside the room through their drinking glass. For a Cahill, eavesdropping by hearing through a glass (let’s say, a glass of water) pressed against a wall is pretty... amateur. Surely they could do better.

Let us just assume that desperate times call for desperate measures.

“And Kabra says,” Hamilton started, sounding like a sports announcer from a boxing match.

Dan cleared his throat importantly. “’I don’t care if you think I’m endangering my life, Amy,’” he said, his countless times of imitating Ian’s British accent finally paying off. Dan sounded a tad more like Ian. “’All of us are entitled to make our own choices. Or are the Madrigals keeping us from that right, too?’”

Everybody winced at that. It was a low accusation and all of them knew that. Dan was pretty sure that last line made Amy wince, too.

“Insert Amy’s sigh,” Hamilton said, his eyebrows creasing, “continuing with a, ‘Nobody ever said we’re keeping you from making your own decisions, Ian.’”

“’All I want you to realize is that,’” Dan continued, his eyebrows scrunched in deep concentration, “’we really don’t have any concrete idea of what could happen if we pursued with this plan of yours. Are you really willing to risk lives, Ian?’”

Sinead smacked Hamilton’s arm. Hard. “That’s exactly what I said,” she told him smugly.

Hamilton made a face at her not because of the smack, but more on the fact that she even tried to smack him. The girl never learns. 

“’If Dan was in Natalie’s position, what would you have done?’” Dan whispered. His voice had gone oddly soft that it was a bit harder to understand. Regardless, all of them knew who said that.

Nobody from both rooms spoke for quite a long moment. Silence ensued for a moment more.

“You know,” Jake said, voicing his musings loudly. “Although Amy has her own reasonable views, Ian sort of has a point.”

Evan nodded slowly, deliberating the situation. “If only I had a sister, I would have done what Ian wants to do. We couldn’t blame him for that.” His glasses shone against the luminescence of the fluorescent above them. “Especially when Natalie’s in the hands of his bro – I mean, half-brother.” Apparently, Ian found it necessary to fill Jake and Evan with necessary information about current issues in the Cahill family. This is so they could be of more help.