Prologue

If you haven’t read The Start of Train yet, this story would be rather difficult to understand because The Start of Train and yes, The Start of Pain are heading towards a path we call Alternate Reality. Both stories are what COULD BE (or could have been, if I was one of the authors, haha XD) as long as Cahills remain Cahills. 

DISClAIMER: I do not own The 39 Clues and anything at all which is related to it. I do not own iPhone 4S and everything which you think doesn’t belong to me.  

On with the reading. 

oooooOooooo

Alistair Oh cannot believe all of their hard work would lead only to their demise. 

It started from an accident, really. After hearing what happened to the children, he had a little... mishap of his own. His heart decided it would be a perfect time to have a nervous breakdown. He was immediately rushed to the nearest hospital and after a few days of staying in the ‘world-class, internationally known medical institution in the world’, his personal Ekat doctor became ‘acquainted’ with an undercover Lucian ‘doctor’ who has been working in the hospital for the past couple of years. 

The said Lucian doctor told them that this institution was originally built by a Vesper who wanted nothing more than to hide their organization’s sinister ways. “It is the perfect plan,” he says, “because nobody would think that charity could be used to conceal something so evil.” Alistair paused to ponder at his statement, remembering how his Uncle Bae Oh manipulated people in the same way.  “But, an old trick nevertheless,” Lucian doctor continues, chuckling.

Being the lone, three individuals who carry the Cahill lineage in the place, they set about making a plan of obtaining as much data as they could. But after unerringly five days of this stealth operation, the Vespers are starting to doubt their rather long stay in the hospital. 

So, they needed to work fast. 

However, it was already too late. Apparently, the Vespers have doubted ‘Lucian doctor’ for a very long time and were only keeping him close because they were sure he would babble as soon as he gets out of their grasp. 

And they couldn’t afford that. 

And now, presently, irrevocably, as Alistair stares right into the muzzle of life and death, all he could say was, “Where are they?”

Casper Wyoming (thought to be far from alive after the kidnapping) chuckled before adjusting the lapel of his lab coat. “You mean my supposed colleagues?" he sneered, running his tongue over his teeth. "I am inclined to think that they are now travelling a pathway I like to call, death.” He smiled, his face curling up into a menacing, stomach-turning sneer. “Oh don’t worry, old man. You’ll be joining them soon enough.” He flicked the hammer of his single-action revolver, his finger itching to press the trigger. 

Alistair laughed for all that it was worth. “If you must know, Mr. Wyoming, you are terribly late. All there is that you are protecting, as you say, is safely in the hands of my people. I am positive that they are now... answering my calls and their answer lies underneath.” He smiled warmly, a naughty gleam in his wise eyes. 

Casper raised an eyebrow. Old people nowadays, can’t help but think that they are all a bunch of lunatics. Clearly made to be... disposed. But let's just let the old man play his games for a little while longer. He let out a hard chuckle, full of avarice and wrath. “And what is that supposed to mean, may I ask?”

Alistair looked out of the window and into the night sky. “Formed long ago, yet made today, employed while others sleep. What few would like to give away nor any wish to keep.” He breathed out a reposed aura, oddly fitted to a relaxing vacation rather than a murder scene. “As the children say nowadays, your secrets are... busted.”