Kherson

SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN
PART NINE

I sit at my desk, running my temples. This essay is killing me. I had another one and I have now been up for 20 hours, and my eyes were burning.

8:55 the clock blinks and I go back to my computer. I go onto another tab and distract myself from actually having to do the work which isn't due until midnight tomorrow.

Three knocks on my dorm room make me realize I wasn't paying attention to my computer, but actually blacking out.

When I black out, I'm awake but I just don't feel like I'm awake. I don't remember anything anyone says, and when I do black out it means I'm at my reach of tiredness.

"Come in." I look over and see Adrian with a paper bag and I smile. I go to grab for it, but he pulls it away.

"How many hours of sleep did you get last night?"

"Seven actually." I lie straight through my teeth and can feel myself waking up, getting hyper. "What's in there?"

"Donuts."

I smile bigger. "Can I have one?"

Adrian hands it over and dive my hand in the bag and grab the first donut I feel. When it is out of the bag I see it is a chocolate glazed donut. "Thanks Adrian."

I spin away from the desk part and face Adrian. "So, how come you came down here?" I ask with a mouthful of donut.

"What?" Adrian asks and I swallow the donut. My throat feels so dry, so I get up and get a glass of milk. "Why did you come down here?"

"Well first, it's up. And secondly, because." I nod and go back to the chair and skin around like a little kid.

I'm stopped and I stare at Adrian. "You didn't get any sleep." I smile and he tried to grab the donut buy I'm already grabbing my key and running or of my dorm.

"Hi Julio! Bye Julio!" I greet my neighbor and he smiles back.