Haley and random dude

SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN
PART TWO

Haley and the guy who's name I just learned, Frank, go to the walk in closet (it wasn't that big, but it could fit at least four people comfortably) and the rest of us sit back.

Genesis brings her phone out and sets the timer for seven minutes.

"So are you guys glad we aren't in school right now?" She asks and looks around the makeshift circle —it's more of an oval than circle.

I shrug, I just got out of school —I'm the baby of the group, 19, and have been out of school for only one summer, and I was in college so I was busy trying to learn how to be a physiologist.

"So Kherson, how's the college life?" Yvgini, a good friend that Tobias made through him working with him, asks me. He is sitting in the corner if the room not playing. He says he's got a girl and doesn't want to lose her.

I shrug again, "it's going ok." I do the so-so hand motion. "I'm swamped with work to do, I'm happy I had this day free of doing nothing."

I smile and raise my shoulders, hitting Adrian. "Oh sorry."

"How's working at a factory Tobias?" Frank's friend asks. This person I know, he's Taylor Garcia, the class clown of the grade above me. He pulled pranks, started food fights, and was everyone's friend.

Toby shrugs. "Ehh. My feet hurt from standing on them all day. And just think about doing this for the rest of your life. Just shoot me now and let me out of my misery."

Toby is always the overdramatic one of the two of us. I am the laid back, quiet, and helpful one while Tobias is the hardworking, overdramatic, funny, and chipper one. We somehow get life to work out between the two of us.

I played with the strings on my college sweatshirt and then shoved my hand through my hair as Haley and Frank walked out of the closet.

"So, who's next?"