CHAPTER 11: One Pressured, and One Not So

Felix asks Shinhae about anything new about her at the moment.

"I'll be auditioning for our school's centennial performance. I'm vying for the lead role. I'm ready to let the whole school know that I'm part of that school. But I'll still make it a point to show everyone that I'm not just anybody or simply one of them. I'm somebody else."

"Okay. I'm so glad you're being that way now. I hope you stay that way."

Shinhae smiles.

"When will that audition be?"

"First Friday next month. Are you coming?"

"If they allow outsiders, why not?"

"Okay. You should be there."

Myunhee, as talked about, passed her piece. She just has to wait for confirmation today.

After the lesson for today's class, their English 1 teacher spoke out loud, "Class, one of your classmates, Ms. Yang Myunhee passed a piece for writing this year's play's plot. Several students were asked to do the same thing. And unfortunately,"

Myunhee was smiling. Even if it somehow makes her feel a little bad feeling that she didn't get it, at least she lost another bag of pressure on her shoulders. Everyone was looking at her and their professor.

Then her professor continued, "She was chosen to write the plot of "Kamsahae, Komapda Komawo!", our centennial play."

"What?!"

"That's why I used the word 'unfortunately', because I know you'd react that way. You have to pass the prologue and the storyline before Thursday next week."

She knew from the start that this is going to give her a lot of pressure. However, she feels proud and happy at the same time. They clapped their hands for Myunhee and congratulated her.

Because of all of these, Myunhee hurries home to start the whole thing up. She tells Keith her problem along the way, but Keith does nothing at all. He doesn't even give tips to Myunhee.

As Myunhee arrives home and Keith is almost gonna go, their house guard called Keith's attention.

"Yes, why?"

"Sir, Mr. Yang ordered me late this morning to ask you to stay here until he comes.."

"What? Why?"

"I'm sorry sir, but he did not tell me any more details about that."

The maid hurries to go out.

"Sir, Mr. Yang said that he has to personally tell you something when he arrives early this evening."

"Didn't he say what it is, or at least what it's all about? Any general idea?"

"Pardon us, sir. All he left was his order. He did not tell us anything else."

Then, he received a text from his dad, Kevin Min. And it says "Keith, Myunhee's dad has something important to tell you tonight. If you're not too busy, please stay there for... maybe a maximum of five hours, an emergency meeting came up. If he doesn't arrive beyond that time, then, just leave. It will be alright. Understood? Reply once you receive this."

Then he simply responds affirmatively.

Myunhee's house maid invites Keith to come in. Myunhee just coolly came in like there's nothing unusual around her. She changed clothes and asked for snacks to be just delivered in her room. Their maid did as she was told.

Meanwhile, Myunhee, lying in her bed starts writing the story with a pencil and a steno notebook at hand. She writes one statement after another, erases it, and writes new statements again. But she just can't make up her mind. She keeps on thinking that their professors may not like her work if she writes statements like these, or if not them, the students. The page she's writing on almost wore out until Keith suddenly enters her room nonchalantly.