Chapter Three

Patty's all better now. I made risotto for me and patty last night and pizza for everyone else, then I made a vegan cake but it tasted really nice so no one was the wiser. We talked about Christmas which I knew I was going to have to go back to the Manor house before Christmas. The only family I've spent Christmas Day with since I moved out of home was josh and friends, so this years Christmas was definitely going to be spent with josh and friends as per usual. So I'm expecting that phone call from my mum within the week, so I'm not making any Christmas plans yet. Patty and I made a deal. If he keeps his beard for another week and I get to take as many pictures of him as I want, I have to take him out on a date. Which Patty being Patty would probably be the bus to mcdonalds, a can of monster from tescos or something and then a middle of the night film when its only us and like some old people in the theatre. I spent nigh on the whole day with Patty. He showed up at five in the morning on the doorstep, wrapped in his duvet with a beanie pulled down over his bed hair saying he couldn't sleep. So I let him in and he pulled me onto the couch as soon as I'd shut the door and we fell asleep under his duvet on the sofa. My body clock adjusts quite quickly, so I was awake at half past six. I busied myself by cleaning the kitchen very quietly and while I was cleaning out the cupboard patty came up behind me and threw the duvet over me, ducking under it with me.

''hey'' he said in his morning voice (his normal voice is amazing, but his morning voice is all husky and deep). His hair was a mess, he had sleep dust in the corners of his eyes and the beard added to the magic of it all. I don't usually like men with beards but patty. Just, patty.

''Morning'' I laughed

''Do I get a kiss or you still scared of food poising?'' He grinned

''I'm not scared of food poising'' I folded my arms indignantly

''Good'' he grabbed my face and gave me a wet kiss which was sweet and gross at the same time. I squealed and wiped my face on his shoulder, running my hands up his back and hugging him tightly. He hugged me back. The thing is, I cant really answer him when he asks why I always want to hug him. Really its because as weird as it is, all I want to do is protect him and make sure he doesn't get ill or doesn't get hurt but hes a grown man, he can handle himself but just he's so adorable and he gives the best hugs, no matter what sort of mood you're in a patty hug will cheer you up because he's got really strong arms so its just this great big strong protecting hug and you feel all safe and snuggled up warm. I was running my hands up and down his back, trying to warm him up because he was really cold for some reason.

''That feels nice'' He had his head next to mine, his eyes shut and the funniest little smile on his face. If I learnt anything from that funny four foot nine masseuse that used to come for Jake every once a week, it was stressed, ill or busy people get a lot of muscle tension in their backs and shoulder blades and the best way to release that tension was dig your thumbs into where the knots or tension is. I was doing that gently, making little circles with my thumbs between his shoulder blades where there was quite a lot of tension.

''Come and lay down on your front, lets see if I remember what that crazy little thai lady taught me'' Patty laughed but laid on his front on the sofa. I straddled his legs and gently worked my way from the base of his neck, all across his shoulder blades and in between, down the sides of his back and then down his spine which was fun because I finally got to put a bone back in line which was basically put your palm over the bone when you found it, and with the other hand bang in the direction you wanted it to go over your other hand and boom, back in place. It made him flinch but he relaxed when I started working on the cute little dimples on his back. I did that for about fifteen minutes until he wriggled and sat up.

''This is cheeky, but can you do that to my wrist? Sometimes it hurts when I'm playing the guitar.'' he held his hand out innocently and I laughed, sitting opposite him on the sofa with his hand in my lap. I massaged his wrist, paying attention to his veins which made him squirm a bit but I had to. Then I massaged all the muscles in his palm, did little exercises with all his fingers, cracked all his joints then gave his hand a kiss.