Act 20: Nonno Visits

Antonio regretted those words as soon as they left his mouth.

"What?"

The look on Lovino's face assured Antonio of his mistake, but the cat was out of the bag.

"I am in love with you."

Lovino looked sick to his stomach.

"You know I'm straight, right?" said Lovino, his voice strained as if it pained him to say it.

Antonio didn't know what hurt more, the fact that his love didn't love him back or that he had upset his friend.

"I'm sorry. I know you don't feel the same way. I still want to be your friend, if nothing else. Unless it es too awkward now." Antonio hung his head.

"It's not... awkward." Lovino sighed, continuing on their walk.

"Really?"

"No more than usual, bastard."

They continued to meander, no words shared, each lost in their own thoughts.

Despite all his claims otherwise, Antonio was beginning to wonder if he could be Lovino's friend. He had let those words slip so easily. What's worse is he didn't want to hold them back. It hurt to keep this feeling inside but... he didn't want to lose him.

Antonio was lost in a sad daze, not even aware that they were heading toward camp. They stepped onto the sand and Antonio caught sight of a greenish glint. It snapped him back to reality and brightened his mood.

"Mira, Lovi! It's a turtle!"

He hurried over to the shallow water where the reptile swam. It was a full sized turtle so Antonio had to pick it up with both hands.

"It's-a dumb shell fish, so what?" Lovino grumbled but it didn't dampen Antonio's excitement.

"What should I name her?"

"You can't-a name things that you throw back!"

Antonio didn't get a chance to before the turtle decided that she was done being manhandled and started thrashing in Antonio's grasp. Antonio stumbled as the creature wriggled and they both fell in the water with a splash.    

"Dude, what happened to you?" Alfred asked, sitting with Arthur and Kiku outside of the currently closed up snack stand

"This idiot fell in the water trying to play with a turtle," Lovino explained as they walked up.

"But she was so lindo!" Antonio whined, still dripping wet.

"You're going-a catch-a cold! Now go dry off!" Lovino scolded, shoving Antonio toward his trailer.

"Si, si. Adios, Lovi!" Antonio waved as he walked off.

"Lovino, dude, you have to check this video that Kiku showed me!" said Alfred, waving his smartphone.