4

“I am so done with school,” Tessa complained as she approached my locker. I rolled my eyes. If only she knew what my week had been like. Thank God it’s Friday. I don’t think I could handle another day in this prison.

“Welcome to my world. What happened?”

“Kiley told Emily about that sale at the mall, so now she wants to go too! Ugh. She’s going to get all the good clothes.”

I resisted the urge to walk away. These are the kind of problems Tessa faces daily. The kind that nobody else actually cares about. That includes me.

“Right. Well, have fun shopping. I have to get home and do….anything but that,” I said with a smile as I continued my way down the hall. As I turned the corner to leave, I almost smacked right into a tall muscular figure. After looking up I realized it was none other than Louis Tomlinson.

“Oh, hello Paige. Funny seeing you here.”

“Not really, but hi. Excuse me,” I said, trying to walk around him. He blocked my path. I rolled my eyes. “I don’t have time for this Louis.”

“It won’t take long. Just say you’ll go with me to the party tonight.”

“I’m not going to your party. Move,” I demanded. He smirked. Obviously he wasn’t planning on going anywhere until I agreed. “If you don’t get out of the way I’m going to scream.”

“Go ahead.”

“I’m not kidding you know.”

“I never said you were,” he said calmly, still smirking. He knew I wasn’t about to scream. Ugh. My hands formed into fists, and I clenched my teeth.

“I’ll go to the stupid party,” I muttered. “Just get out of my way.”

“You will?” he asked excitedly. “Great. I’ll text you the details. Wear something hot,” he told me, smacking my butt as I moved to walk by him. I glared over my shoulder as he walked away satisfied. God he irritated me.

I just wanted to go home and sleep for the rest of the weekend. Of course my life isn’t that easy.

I finally reached the back door of the school. I park behind the building because nobody else does. I don’t have to fight for a space, and no one thinks enough to look back here for one. I saw my car sitting alone in the lot, but that’s not the only thing I noticed.

Because this day could not get any more obnoxious, I saw Zayn Malik standing there right by the wall of the school with a surgical mask over his mouth and nose and a can of spray paint in his hand. He looked intent on what he was doing and didn’t seem to notice me.

“Um, what the hell are you doing?” I asked in outrage when I notice the graffiti covering the brick wall. That definitely was not there when I came into school that morning. When he heard my voice he had this moment of panic, but then when he recognized it was only me he calmed down.