2

I added on the final touches of my drawing as the morning announcements droned on. Does anyone actually listen to those?

As I completed it, the bell rang. On my way out I examined my finished product. After a moment I crushed it and tossed it into the nearest trashcan. What? It didn’t turn out right…

For a moment I forgot where I was going. It was the first day of school, and I guess I was still in the habit of following last year’s schedule. I pulled out the new one for this year and looked up my first period.

Art.

I was actually really happy to have art first thing in the morning. That meant I got to start off my day doing something I actually enjoyed.  The best part was that I knew for a fact none of Tessa’s little group would be in this class. Art wasn’t really a thing for the popular crowd. That’s why I usually kept it to myself for the most part.

I was perfect, right? Art first period, no snobby bitches to hold me back….that’s at least what I thought until I walked through the door of Miss Polly’s art room only to find Zayn Malik sitting in the back row.

There went any remaining hope I had left for the rest of this year. I would have to see him every single day. There was no avoiding it. I got to think back to that stupid party every single day for an entire school year.

“Good morning, Paige! It’s good to see you back in this class again,” Miss Polly greeted me. I smiled at her. She’s always been my favorite teacher. She’s just such a nice person, and for a teacher she’s pretty cool.

“It’s good to be back. I’m sure it’ll be fun.”

I went to take my seat in my regular chair. The one I sat in every art class for three years straight, in the very far left corner at the back of the room. That was when I noticed the person occupying the seat next to it. I bit my lip. He was smirking at me.

“What’s wrong Paige?” he asked, still keeping his smug composure.

“Zayn, stop.”

“Why? You don’t want to sit next to me?” He pretended to be sad. I rolled my eyes.

“You knew that was my seat when you sat next to it.”

“Maybe I did. Maybe I didn’t. Either way, don’t you want your seat? Come on. You’ve sat there every year. Why should this one be any different?” He had me right where he wanted me. I didn’t want to let him control me like this, but I also didn’t like the idea of changing my seat.

“You are such a pain in the ass,” I muttered, taking my usual seat in the corner. He was beaming.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t talk to me,” I told him.

“I don’t understand why you’re in such a bad mood.”

“I don’t understand why you suddenly engage in conversation with me. We’re not friends. Stop acting like we are.”

“We’re not strangers either,” he reminded me.

“Well maybe I’d like to be.”

I could feel him watching me as Miss Polly got the class’s attention. I didn’t know if I could handle this kid for an entire year. He didn’t really get another chance to talk to me the rest of the class. Even if he did, I don’t know if he would have attempted to. As soon as the bell rang he bolted for the door. Maybe he’d actually listen and leave me alone.

Ha. Who am I kidding? This is Zayn Malik we’re talking about.  

AUTHORS NOTE

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK NOBODY IS READING THIS STORY ILL LOVE YOU IF YOU GIVE ME FEEDBACK IM BEGGING anyways thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it (: Love you! Byee xx