Mave POV

“We’ll see you tonight ok?” Hunter asked.

“Are you sure Huntress will be up for it?” I asked.

“Definitely.” Jed says, “The twins have this crazy healing thing.”

“You also got it, you know?” Hunter says. “Check it if you want.”

“No thanks.” Iris, Taea and Lei shook their heads.

We chuckled.

“Anyway, tonight, at home and pack light.” Hunter reminded. Then he walked toward the exit.

“Hey, where are you going?” Iris asked.

“Back home.” He said. “Huntress would go crazy if she wakes up without me there.”

“What about class?” I asked.

He glanced at Jed and grinned; “No one would notice, trust me.” we all looked at him, questioned.

Then Jed walked pass Hunter. “We’ll see you later then.”

Hunter grins, “Later.” Then Hunter left.

“C’mon you guys.” Jed says, “Hunter might get to leave unnoticed but not us.”

Iris walked toward him, “Jed’s right. We should get to class before we get in trouble.”

“Us? In trouble?” Lei asked, “You’re kidding right? I mean, Huntress would’ve warned us if ever.”

“Well, she can’t warn us if she haven’t seen it, could she?” I said, skeptic.

Jed stopped and faced me. “What does that suppose to mean?”

“Well, she hasn’t done her work has she?”

“You mean tell the future?” Taea asked.

“Yes,” I said, “She hasn’t made any fortune telling, particularly for us.”

“Well, we have just found Taea the other day-“ Iris points out.

“It isn’t fast enough.” I snapped.

“Don’t be too hard on her brother-“

“But we don’t have enough time. Can’t any of you see that?”

“We can see quite fine, thank you.” Jed said.

“But really, Mave, it is nothing we should worry about.” Iris says, “I mean, it took us a month before we found you.”

“And if she was able to see the future you would have found us earlier.”

“That isn’t how it is.” Jed said.

“And how exactly is it supposed to be Jed?” I asked, “Another month? Maybe two months? It’ll be too late.”

“Like I said, I can see what you are saying-“

“Then why can’t you understand?”

“I do.” Jed said, and turned his back on me, “It’s you who don’t understand.” We all turned to him. “Think about it Mave, we didn’t actually looked for you, you came to us. So you have no right to speak to Huntress in such manner, especially without her or Hunter here.”

I glared at him.

“Now, if it isn’t too much, I’d like to drop Iris off to class now.” Then he glanced my way, “Before my patience wane.”

The girls moved in between us. Iris stood beside Jed with a frown.

“Jed, c’mon. Let’s go.” She said. Jed sighed and gave a nod and they left.

I watched them leave, glaring at Jed.

“Brother,” Lei stepped in beside me, “I know we’ve never worked with anyone before, but we need to trust them. They know what they’re doing.”

“Do you really think they do?” I asked.

“They have the answers that we seek for Mave-“

“And that was the only thing we wanted.” I reminded her, “We never asked to be part of this.”

“But our fates are meant to be here.” Taea reminded, I turned to her. “Let’s just put a little trust in the twins, Mave.”

I sighed and nodded.