Huntress

*************HUNTRESS************

A few hours later, I was resting outside the dormitories that the academy reserved for the students to change in for the ball. I was up at a tree, with a book in hand.

“You should be getting ready by now.”

I smiled, continued reading and didn’t even look down at him, “I’ve been trying to read this book for two months now and I still haven’t finished it.”

“Well, a couple of days won’t hurt.”

I looked down at him with a smile. He was looking up at me with a glint of worry in his eyes.

“Would you please come down now?” he pleaded.

I sighed and closed my book. He stepped aside and made way for me to land on. I jumped down and landed in front of him.

“No wonder boys love it when you’re up there.” He shrugged. I raised one brow. “You have no reason to be mad at me young lady; you were the one who was up there.”

I stifled a laugh and shook my head. “Stop worrying Lee, everything will end tonight.”

He reached for my cheek; I closed my eyes as I felt his hand, “The only thing that will end tonight is the danger in your life, love.”

I reached for his hand, “Isn’t that enough?” I asked as I look up at him.

“Cloud could do many things. If he fails tonight I’ll be blinded of what he plans afterwards.”

I frowned, “Is this still about your duty?”

He smiled, “Yes,” then he took my hand, “my duty to my heart.”

I was surprised, but grinned, “Cheesy… but it might work.”

He laughs and ran his finger on my cheek, “Well it did make you blush.”

“It did…” then I just stared at him and he stared back, then I looked away, “Uhm, Romeo Lee… I haven’t been able to thank you for everything. The rose up until the other day. it really, uhm, makes me feel good.” I stifled another laugh, “I guess I’m just not use to having someone looking after me for a change. Thank you.” then I looked up at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Then I turned and pulled away from his hold, “I’ll see you later.” I walked toward the door, but Lee still haven’t let go of my hand, and pulled me back.

“Huntress?” he called out, I turned and faced him, “you don’t need to say thanks. It is my pleasure to see you safe and happy. There’s nothing more that I’d want.” I smiled back and then walked back to him and he wrapped me into a hug. “I’ll protect you with my very life Huntress.”

I closed my eyes and gave a small nod. Then after a few seconds I pushed him away again. “I really should go.” I whispered.

He let goes of my hand and watches me walk up the stairs. Then I stopped at the top, reached for the door knob, then turned to look down at him, “Hey, save a dance for me Romeo?” I teased.

He nodded, still smiling, “Only if you save one for me too.”

I laughed, “That is if you find me.” I winked and entered the dormitory. I heard him stifle a laugh. I closed the door and leaned on it. then I reached for my heart, which was beating an extra mile, and then I took a deep breath, still smiling.

Then I closed my eyes, and saw Romeo Lee still outside the dorm smiling, “Tonight, let me be nameless…” I thought, Romeo Lee was thinking the same thing, and we ended the spell together, “Let a rose not be called a rose, but call it what the heart calls it.”

A slow wind brushed through the tress and through me. I was still having visions of Romeo Lee outside, then he turns and leave.