Hunter

Later at lunch, the gang and I were having a meeting about what happened earlier.

                                “So, she was thirsty?” Lei asked, “That’s why she can’t look at us?”

                                “It’s not actually the looking that’s bugging her; it’s the scent I guess.” I said. “Plus, she had lost a lot of blood last night and tonight, it is only normal that her body respond that way.”

                                “I don’t get it,” Iris said, shaking her head, “Is that how we all would be when we immortalized?”

                                “No, Huntress and I have immortalized several times, but that had never happened.” I remembered, “She was just overwhelmed by the emotions. You saw that she was very angry. And I’m guessing that that’s what she looked like last night as well.” I glanced at Lei.

                                “Well, not the whole time.” Lei said, “Just the last few seconds, her eyes were different too. It was like it has something blocking her sight. Like when you wear colored contact improperly, and it moved out of place?”

                                I nodded, “Your marks appear in your eyes when you immortalize, it helps you heighten your senses.” I explained. “Though, I’ve never seen it the way you saw it. When I see Huntress transform, she keeps her normal violet eyes-“

                                “That isn’t normal eye color.” Jed said.

                                “You know what I mean.” I said, still thinking.

                                “Well, we should consider this a warning.” Mave said, closing the topic.

                                We all nodded.

                                “So, Lei,” Jed starts, taking a quick sip of his cola before continuing, “What happened? You fell into a bonfire?”

                                “No wise guy,” Lei rolled her eyes. “I told you, Huntress had a vision of an attack on us.”

                                “Then why did you go? Why didn’t you just go straight home?” Taea asked.

                                “Huntress said the attack was something we shouldn’t miss.” Lei answered, trying to remember everything that happened last night, shuddering in some parts.

                                “Wow, talk about thrill issues.” Taea said.

                                The other snickered, but I leaned forward, as if grasping something, “Wait hold up. How many attackers were there?”

                                “Two.” Lei said. “And Huntress seems to know them too. The three of them were in first name basis, so I’d assume they are pretty close.”

                                “And do you remember their names?”

                                Lei shook her head, “They called themselves the Alley Phantoms though.”

                                “I’ve heard of them,” Jed said, “They’re hired assassins. They’re very popular to the teenagers though, they also take in spooking or kidnapping for fun, those kinds of things. Basically, they’re hired for any service asked from them.” We stared at him, making him look back at us, “Except that type of service that you are thinking, though.” They all eased up, then Lei shrugged.

“It was kind of weird names.” She said, “But Huntress said that they’re from here in NSA and that they’re her opponents in dirt bike racing.”

                                Then Jed sat up, surprising them all, “The Alley Phantoms are from NSA and you know them?” he asked in a whisper.

                                “Nayre and Rui studies here.” I nodded.

                                “Yes! That’s it.” She said.

                                “Go away Lei,” Jed said pushing her far from him. “They might still be after you- OW! It was just a joke!” Lei had hit him in the nape.

                                “It wasn’t funny!” she answered back.

                                The others watched as Lei and Jed start a fight, but then Iris sees me thinking hard.

                                “Hunter?” she calls out.

                                “Yeah?” I asked, looking up at her.

                                “You seemed to be in a whole other dimension, you ok?”

                                “Yeah, I was just thinking,” the others turned my way, “Lei and Huntress were attacked by daggers and fireballs. Huntress knew how dangerous it could be, but she insisted on going. Then later on, they both arrived at home and the first thing Huntress tells me is Rough Rider and Blue Eyed Devil.”

                                The gang was listening. “You think that was them?” Lei asked, “Those idiots in cloaked are one of us?”

                                “It could be.” I said. “Jed knows how persistent Huntress was to tell me about them last night. No wonder she was…”

                                “Come to think of it Huntress did say something about them being lucky that their fate were intertwined with us, or she would have killed them.” Lei said remembering more about the night before.

                                “Well, at least we know who we’re dealing with.” Taea asked, “We know how dangerous they are. I don’t think it would be safe to walk up to them.”

                                “Wait,” Mave said, “How sure is Huntress that these two guys are these Rui and Nayre she speaks of? I mean, did she saw them?”

                                They turned to Lei, “Well, not really since they were masked.”

                                “I’m sure Huntress got it right.” I leaned forward, “Probably the scent. But then again,” I grinned, the others gave me a look, I returned the look. “You got to understand that Huntress may be popular, but she barely knows people. But Rui and Nayre are someone she’ll always remember being our number one competitor.”

                                “So, what do we do now?” Jed asked, “We can’t just attack them.”

                                “I don’t think Huntress would like that.” Iris said, shaking her head.

                                I smiled and had a great idea, “But I know something we could do that Huntress would love.”