Hunter

**************HUNTER***********

Later that day, after we checked out all of the horror houses, we parted ways to go to each of our booths. Iris and Huntress went to help with the senior girl’s booth while Lee, Rui, Jed, Mave and I were at the horror house working on the controls.

“As fun as this might be inside?” Jed starts, “This is sure boring to work for.”

We snickered, as we watch each of our stations. We were supposed to press a button when a person steps into view.

“Man, their must be some other way to make this work better for us.” Mave says.

Lee turned and gave all of us a look, “Well, there is a way…” we exchanged looks then looked back at Lee who was grinning. Then he pushed back his chair and rolled toward his bag, he picked it up and stood up, walks toward the door, “Can you look after my screen for a sec?”

“Uhm,” Rui looked at the others, questioned, “Yeah sure.”

Then he ran out of the room.

“What is he doing?” I asked.

We all turned to the screen and saw Lee talk to the one in the entrance. We saw the boy nod and put up the close sign, and then talked to the people waiting in line. Then Lee ran through the entrance and started running around each room.

I reached for my keyboards and started zooming in, trying to see what he was doing.

“He’s putting up something in each room.” Jed says behind me.

“Man, please tell me that he is not messing up our house.” Rui says, zooming in on his screen as well.

We watched him work in every room of the house, all fourteen rooms for only ten minutes, and on his last room he ran back to our room and sat back down on his chair.

“What are you doing?” Mave asked.

“Playing.” He answered. Pressing a few command on his computer.

“Playing?!” Jed asked, “You’re a newbee for goodness sake! You have no right-“

He was still grinning and raised his hand, “Watch.”

We looked at the entrance and saw the one guarding the entrance check his watch and opened the house again. we saw the first group of students enter, Mave was about to press the button for the first room, “Don’t.” Lee says, “Just watch.”

We watched as the students were looking around they were already about to reach the end of the hall, “Nothing’s happening…” Mave says.

“Just wait.”

We all leaned forward, suddenly, our designs started popping out. Scaring off the students pushing them in the next room and as quickly as they came in the designs in the next room pop up, scaring them more.

Jed and Rui were laughing and giving Lee a slap on the back, “Man! You are a genius Lee.” Jed says.

“Well,” Lee says with a grin, “I do what I can to help.”

He glanced my way, I looked away and watched. Was this supposed to impress me? I thought, it takes more than sensors for you to get my sister, smartass.

Then I saw him stand up and walk toward the door. “Where do you think your going?” I asked.

“Well, I have other and far more important responsibilities to do other than pressing buttons.” He said, I glared at him and he just stared back. Then he grinned and left.