Six

Nick and I was getting along great through the entire morning. We walked into the family room, ready to go back to the shelter and give kids presents and food.

"We're all set Mr. Lovato." Nick said sitting his bag down beside the door.

I frowned knowing I might never see him again. He wasn't a bad guy and that tiny crush have grown over the hours. I'm going to hate leaving him, I could feel it already, "Alright let's go then, it's hot under here," my dad complained as he was dressed in the Santa suit. We all laughed at him. My mom and Mrs. Jonas took her truck while my dad, Nick and I took his car. As soon as we arrived at the shelter we got to work.

••••

Once everyone ate and gave out the gifts, my mom did her speech. Doing this made me realize how grateful I am to have two hardworking and loving parents. I should stop having this bad attitude about people less fortunate than me and be more giving and grateful. You never know what could happen the next day and it could all be gone. I wrapped my arms around my dads waist and he kissed the crown of my hair.

"I love you, dad and this maybe isn't the way I wanted to spend my Christmas, but I'm glad I did."

"Opened your eyes, uh?" he asked me. I nod and smile, "You're blessed kiddo and I love you too" he said.

I laughed and quickly wiped a tear from my eye. I looked behind me and Nick was watching us. Giving him a smile he gave me one back then went back to listening to my mom. I left my dad and went to stand next to Nick in the doorway. He dug his hands into his pocket and I elbowed him playfully.

"So, I'm commanding you to keep in touch with me, Nick." I said glancing up at him.

"Oh really?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

I nod, bouncing on my tippy toes, lifting my chin up at him. I noticed the mistletoe above our heads and smile, pointing at it.

"So you want a kiss from me, is that what you asked Santa?" he asked pointing at my dad who was still dressed in the suit.

"No, but we are under the mistletoe Nick" Nick laughed and shook his head. "oh so you're no--"

I was cut off by his lips. His sweet, tender, warm and moist lips. He cupped his hands around my face and I kissed him back. Grabbing his waist and pulling us close. I can now say this is better than going to Aspen or getting a new bracelet. The best Christmas by far.

•••••••••

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE! 😘