Three

After my dad locked up the building, Nick began to walk down the street with his bag on his back to his home. I wrapped my arms around my body and chewed my lip. It was getting dark and the temperature was dropping quickly. Maybe he lived around the corner. I thought to myself watching as he dug his hands into his jacket pocket.

"Nick! Buddy where are you going?" my dad called out.

Nick stopped and looked back at my dad. He walked back to us and his cheeks were getting red as the cold air blew around us.

"Your family staying at our home, is there something you were going to get?" He asked Nick.

Nick waited a few seconds before answering him then shook his head. "no sire" he answered. "well let's go, Maria cooked a fest" my dad said, chuckling. I narrowed my eyes behind him as we made our way to his car. What does he mean Nick's family is staying with us? Why can't they eat dinner at their own house? I grew more confused and angry as we got into the car. My dad immediately turned the heater on blast.

"Boy, it's going to freeze tonight," my dad mumbled more to himself than Nick and I.

I just buckled myself in as he started the car on the road to home. Thinking of ways I could avoid Nick for the rest of the night was the only thing on my mind as we pulled up at home.

••••

I got out of the car and looked over my shoulder at Nick. He stared, no like glared up at our home. I laughed in my head, is Nick jealous? Oh, how I love this. As soon as I entered our home the smell of Maria, our maid delicious scent of her food drifted up my nose. I smiled and took my jacket off. Letting the worries of Nick sink to the back of my mind.

"Maria it smells good!" I cooed walking into the large kitchen area.

Maria rosy cheeks had a warm smile plastered across them, "Thank you Dems, can't wait for you to try it!" she said and tended back to cooking.

I looked over at my mom and dad as she greeted him with a glass of wine in her hand.

"Honey where did you find these lovely people?" she asked and starred Nick down.

"I'm Nick, you have a very lovely home Mrs. Lovato" he commented while holding out his hand.

"Aw, what a gentlemen you are! Have you met Demi yet? You guys would get along great!"

Nick chuckled and nod his head while digging his hands into his pockets.

"Yes ma'am, you have a beautiful daughter and she's very kind. I see where she gets it from." Nick cooed.

I rolled my eyes and blew my nails. Our parents began to bound at that moment. Kissing up to each other about how who's child is very respectable and what not. I groaned silently and stole a few Christmas cookies, about to escape off to my room.

"Demi, could you show Nick to the guest room next to your room. The Jonas family is going to staying here for awhile" My mouth dropped. "What do you mean--not now Demi." my dad interrupted.

I looked at him and the look on his face told me not to question him. Closing my mouth quickly I turned my head to Nick, "C'mon, Nick." I mutter, trying not to give off too much attitude.

Turning on my heels and lightly stomping up the stairs I heard Nick footstep behind mine. When we got at the top of the stairs I turned right. Not purposely speeding off to me so maybe Nick could get lost, but a girl tried. I glanced over my shoulder and he was a few inches behind me. Athlete. I round another right and there where two doors on each side down the small hallway.

Walking to the white door I gripped the glass knob, opening the door of the guest room. I flickered on the lights and looked it over. It looks as though it's never been occupied, which it's true. Walking to the middle of the room I pointed to the bathroom that connected to my room.

"Don't use that, go down the hall and to the other wing of the house to use the bathroom" I command.

I don't want him coming in and invading my personal space. I mean, he is a complete stranger. For all I know he could be a serial killer.

"And why do I have to do that?" he asked while removing his jacket and bag.

"Because, that's my bathroom and I don't want to share it with you" I said giving him the honest and blunt truth.

Moving hair from my face I then pointed over to the closet.

"There's extra pillows and blankets in there if you need any and since I'm done I'm going to my room now. Don't bother me if you need something, goodnight." I said and left his room. I heard him chuckle and mumble a goodnight back.

•••••

Comment and vote please!
😘