The Truth (Ch. 12)

Nobody's pov

Sting stared at Rogue in shock.

"K-King?!" He screeched. More assassins came in. When they saw Rogue kneeling, they immediately started kneeing as well. Sting blinked in shock and confusion.

"My lord. Let me explain. If you will take my hand, I will show you exactly what happened all those years ago." He said. He looked Sting in the eyes and held out his hand. Sting hesitantly took it, and he was thrown into a memory that he had long forgotten.

"Rogue! We should play hide n seek!" Sting called out to his friend. Rogue rolled his eyes at the prince.

"We are 10 years old. And you are a prince. You have better things to do." Rogue said. Sting pouted.

"C'mon Rogue! It'll be fun! You can hide and I'll find you!" He said. Rogue knew he won't be able to reason with his stubborn best friend.

"Fine. Give me 30 seconds." He said. Sting's face into broke into a grin.

"Yay!" He said happily.

"1... 2... 3..." Sting started counting and Rogue turned around and broke into a run. He ran down the twisting corridors of the palace before finally stopping at the throne room. He figured that Sting won't look in here for awhile. He looked around and spotted a corner filled with shadows.

Perfect... He thought. He walked over to it and crouched down, allowing the shadows to hide his small body. He stayed perfectly still, wanting to keep himself hidden. He heard the door opened and expected Sting to come running through.

Instead of Sting, his father and Jiemma came in. They appeared to be arguing about something. Figuring that they would leave in a few minutes, he decided to stay hidden. He watched in horror as the king turned his back on Jiemma and Jiemma pulled out his sword.

He stabbed the king right in the back. Rogue covered his mouth to stop himself from crying out in horror. Tears started falling from his face. Jiemma stabbed the king continuously, before finally getting off of the king. After apparently satisfied, he left the room quietly.

Rogue was shaking in shock horror with tears falling down from his face. His horror grew when Sting burst into the room, obviously trying to find Rogue. Rogue watched as Sting's eyes widened in shock.

Sting ran to his fathers fallen form.

"D-Dad!" he cried.

"S-Sting..... M-My son. O-One day... You will lead t-this country... M-Make it g-great again..." He stammered.

"Dad! P-Please! D-Don't say thing like t-that! Y-You'll be fine! Y-You have to be!!" Sting cried. The kings eyes closed.

"Father! FATHER!!!" Sting screamed. Rogue felt more tears fall from his face and chocked back a sob. The king was dead and Sting was in so much pain. He hated seeing his friend in pain!

He watched the kings body be cleared out and was horrified when Jiemma was made king. But there was nothing he could do.

Sting was brought out of the memory and looked at Rogue in horror.

"We were close friends when we were younger...?" He asked in shock.

"Yes my lord." He replied. Sting frowned.

"You don't have to call me that... We were friends were we not?" Sting said. Rogue nodded slowly. He offered his hand to Rogue and Rogue blinked in surprise, but accepted the hand.

Sting grinned at him. "And your gonna help me okay?" He said happily. Rogue allowed him to pull him up.

"Yes. I will help." Rogue said, smiling at Sting. Sting grinned back happily, before turning towards the Rebels.

"I can't promise that I'll be the best king, but I will certainly try! I won't let this kingdom fall to its knees!" Sting said. Rogue looked over at him and smiled a bit.

Finally, everything is right again.