23

Bad news, I may only be updating once a week now. Apparently this school year isn't going to be as easy as I had hoped.

Good news, Zustin.

"What the hell was that?"

Mr.Facinelli didn't even bother lifting his head, eyes still focused on the papers spread out in front of him as he uttered a response. "What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." Zayn spat. "You're making me work with Justin? You know the condition we're in at the moment."

"Which is exactly why I'm forcing you two to be around one another. Think of it as a parting gift from me to you."

The student blinked at his teacher a few times. He honestly couldn't even believe some of the people in his life. "A gift?" He repeated. "A gift? Feels a whole lot like Christmas in hell to me!"

The older male simply shrugged before he leaned back in his seat and gave Zayn a face that broadcasted no kind of pity or remorse. "No one ever said I was Santa."

"Yeah, I know. You're more like Satan."

"I'm doing this for you, Zayn."

He huffed, running a stressed hand through the hair that rested messily atop his head. "I thought I was your favorite student."

"You are. And I want what's best for you."

"Than why are you partnering me with him?"

"Because... I want what's best for you."

It took him a moment to understand what Mr.Facinelli was saying. At first, it only sounded like repeated words. But after a moment, Zayn got it.

And all that he could say to that was, "what?"

The teacher leaned forward and propped his elbows on the wooden desk before clasping his hands together. "It seems to me that you're the only person who doesn't see what's really going on here."

"Oh? So enlighten me."

"It's sad that I have to do so and I refuse. It's your life Zayn. The most I can do is lead you to what I think is right. How you decide to go about it is all your decision. And if you can't see what's right in front of you all on your own than maybe it isn't meant to be," said Mr.Facinelli.

"What are you even—"

"I used to know someone. They used to mean a lot to me, they still do. But they're no longer here anymore, we are no longer in contact. All because of some stupid argument. The more I think about why we fell off, the angrier I get. But no amount of negative emotion will change what happened? I mean nothing to them, and they still mean the world to me. But they've moved on..." He trailed off, a sad look suddenly taking over his face. "I care about you, Zayn. You're a good person."