chapter 4

"..."

"(...N)

"(y/n)"

"(Y/N)!

You could hear someone calling your name but you couldn't seem to open your eyes. Your head hurt and your body was aching like you had been run over by a vehicle.

"(Y/N) please wake up!" Slowly opening your eyes, confusion came over you rather quickly. Since when did your room have a view of the stars? Blinking your eyes, it took a moment to remember what had happened. You sat up quickly and looked at your surroundings and let out a gasp.

A cage made out of, what appeared to be, bamboo was holding you captive. You also took notice that your dress attire was changed, causing a small blush to form on your cheeks. You were no longer wearing (f/o) but now an ankle long, blood red dress that hugged your (b/t) body.

The sleeves went to your wrists and became loose at the end, like a dress from medieval times. There was a gold belt that hung loose around the hips and ran down the front of the dress until it nearly hit the floor. You were also, unfortunately, barefooted. You went to run your fingers through your hair only to find it had also been tampered with. It had somehow been fixed to have loose curls and some kind of pin decorated your hair.

Looking around a little more, you took notice of a stone column with blood stains and had chains hanging at the top. You saw your friends all alive and in the same predicament, only they still had their normal clothes on and were all sharing a cell which, fortunately, was almost arms length with yours.

"Are you guys ok?" You whispered to keep from drawing attention to yourselves. Who knows where they are at the moment.

"Yea, we're ok. How about you?" Dylan asked, worry lacing his voice.

"I don't think I'm hurt, so I'm all good." You responded. Then suddenly an idea struck you. "Devin, can you use your pocket knife to cut through the bamboo or at least the rope?

"Sorry, but I dropped it when we were doing the tango with a plant." Devin grumbled.

"Speaking of plants, what kind of crap was that?! How the hell can vegetation move?" Chloe nearly shouted. You put your finger to your lips, signaling her to keep quiet.

"I don't know, but a better question is why didn't it kill us?" Dylan questioned. No one answered. How could we? You didn't know why it didn't kill everyone, but at least you were still alive, which meant escape could be possible.

"Either way, living isn't a given. We are with a cannibalistic tribe and I wouldn't doubt that one of us is the sacrifice while the rest is a meal for them." Jay said, cutting the silence and stared at you. "Since you're the one dressed up, you're probably going to be the offering."

"How do you know we are with them?" Devin asked. Jay looked towards him and said, "I woke up when three came here to put (y/n) in her cage after they had dressed her."

"No way! We have to get out of here!" Dylan said and grabbed the bars, trying to break them or at least find a weak spot.

You suddenly felt sick to your stomach, and then to make matters worse, you started to hear something. It sounded like a drum.

"What's going on?" Chloe whimpered, eyes widening. You looked around; hoping to see someone other than your friends, but it was too dark. The beat kept getting loader and louder and soon voices seemed to sing along with it, but they were not speaking English. It sounded like complete and utter gibberish.

"Their chanting." Jay said aloud.

"What?" you asked. Everyone looked to Jay for a better explanation.

"I studied this island's language so I could come here with Mr. Wilson. I was his translator more or less. These people are the Dayak tribe and they are chanting and praying to their god." He concluded. Oh that doesn't sound good.

Soon a man with a big headdress on walked out with three other men and was heading to your cage. Stopping just in front of the door, the man with the headset on started speaking. You looked at him with confusion, not knowing what he said. "Um, Jay? A little help?" you asked nervously.

"They said 'Oh Evil Keeper, we present to you, your tribute'. By the way, the one with all the decorations on his head is the chief." Jay informed you.

Looking back at the tribe man, his followers started to unlock the door. If there was a time to escape, now would be a good time. As soon as the door was unlocked, you bolted. Pushing two of the men by the door down, you ran past the chief. He yelled something, and your arm was caught by the third man. They started yelling and it seemed to be directed at you.

"They are mad you ran. 'You should be proud our god has handpicked you to be his." Jay translated.

"Yea? Tell them I don't want to be offered to their god!" you yelled.

Jay was happy to oblige and told them...that wasn't a good idea. They were rough with you after that and started dragging you to the bloodstained column. You struggled and screamed and was on the verge of tears.

"Let her go"

"Stop!!"

Your friends were yelling and Jay was telling them in their language. The men ignored them and chained you up, accidentally (not) pinching your wrists in the process. You kept kicking and struggling but it was useless, you were stuck.

A woman came out from hiding and put a flower necklace around your neck. It looked similar to the Hawaiian leis but it had the flowers from here and they were real. After doing so she took off back to the woods.

The chief then continued talking and then started to leave. "He thanks you for your contribution." Jay said.

"Don't worry (y/n), we'll get you out of there." Dylan said still yanking on the bamboo bars. You could only stand there and watch the pitiful attempt to get out. You had been standing there for about fifteen minutes now, and was tiered from trying to escape.

"If you do get out, then run. Leave. I'll be ok but I want you got get out of here." You told your friends.

"No, we won't leave you-"

"AAGGHH!" Chloe screamed cutting him off. She was pointing to something on the ground. Looking at where she was pointing, your mouth went dry, and your body stiffened. It was that dreaded vine.

"No, no, no, no, NO!" you screamed, suddenly getting a boost of adrenaline. The vine crawled and coiled your body until it reached the chains and broke them, freeing your wrists. Still trying to get out of the vice like grip, you didn't notice the ground shifting under you.

A huge flower that resembled a rose opened beneath your feet and encased you inside it, closing at the top, causing it to look like a bud. It then went underground taking you to who knows where. All the while your friends at the surface screamed for you as their cage was being dragged back to the village.

----------------

Dress that you had been changed into, minus the knife of course